Page 34 of 47 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk coffee!!!!!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    French Press is awesome but you have to get the coffee right grind wise. Burr grinders are best as they privide a more consistant grind. You need to make sure the ground coffee is larger than the screen in your press so that you dont end up with too much coffee "silt" escaping into your cup. the spice type grinders dont grind as consistantly for me at least, and as someone else noted, grind the coffeee right before brewing, it tastes WAY better.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ndmiller View Post
    I roast sweet maria's green beans in a hot air popper and let them sit overnight (venting CO2). Grind in a Hario manual burr grinder and serve drip, french press, aeropress, whatever.......excellent coffee.

Noah
    You are my twin!
    Two broken Tigers, on fire in the night,
    Flicker their souls to the wind...
    -Roads to Moscow

Not Forgotten:
    http://www.virtualwall.org/dk/KillenJD01a.htm
    http://www.virtualwall.org/db/BoddenTR01a.htm

Feedback Score
    Here's an interesting FAQ on Keurig's Website:

Quote Originally Posted by Keurig
    How do I drain and store the brewer?

Once your Keurig home brewer has been primed, you cannot empty the water from the inside. The internal tank of the brewer cannot be drained. If you need to store your brewer, empty the removable water reservoir and store your brewer in a safe and frost-free environment. Please be sure to store your brewer in its upright position to avoid water leakage from the inner tank. If you store the brewer in a cold environment, you run the risk of water freezing inside the brewer and causing damage. When you prepare to use it after storage, we recommend rinsing the removable water reservoir with fresh water and running three cleansing brews without a portion pack. If you plan to move your brewer to a different location, turn the brewer off, unplug it and empty the removable water reservoir. If your brewer has been in an environment below freezing, please be sure to let it warm to room temperature for two hours before brewing.
    One (Keurig Owner) "cannot empty the water"? Hmmm. . .

Here's an interesting article: Why I Kicked My Keurig to the Curb
    I've used the Keurig Machines from time-to-time at work (since it's there on the counter by the water cooler) or at the Subaru Dealership when waiting for my scheduled vehicle maintenance/repairs mostly as a matter of convenience.

Either way and/or how, I still enjoy COFFEE!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CLHC View Post
    Here's an interesting FAQ on Keurig's Website:

One (Keurig Owner) "cannot empty the water"? Hmmm. . .

Here's an interesting article: Why I Kicked My Keurig to the Curb
    I've used the Keurig Machines from time-to-time at work (since it's there on the counter by the water cooler) or at the Subaru Dealership when waiting for my scheduled vehicle maintenance/repairs mostly as a matter of convenience.

Either way and/or how, I still enjoy COFFEE!
    Yeah, that's kind of a big deal to hospitals... Not sure how Keurig gets a pass.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Yeah, that's kind of a big deal to hospitals... Not sure how Keurig gets a pass.
    Indeed! I'm more concerned with the mold and bacteria and that biofilm that could possibly be harbored within the built-in water tank of said coffee machine.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have been buying Peet's coffee for a hwile now, and really like a few of their blends, and African coffees. However, they are very, very progressive, and anti-gun so I have been searching for something similar that is not so in my face politically. Any suggestions?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
    I have been buying Peet's coffee for a hwile now, and really like a few of their blends, and African coffees. However, they are very, very progressive, and anti-gun so I have been searching for something similar that is not so in my face politically. Any suggestions?
    My favorite place to buy coffee:

http://www.theroasterie.com/

I try various coffee houses and always come back to that one. They are to date, my go to for coffee.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Just in case I didn't post.

Local import place had Lavazza Ground Coffee Gran Selezione in stock. Picked it up and since I drink it black I have to say, wow. The taste is superb.

Feedback Score
    Chemex released this:

The Ottomatic

Chemex Shocks World With HIGH. . .$$$

For that $$$ range, think I'll try the Dragon first. Then again, anything COFFEE related! ! !

Feedback Score
    AeroPress users, I just stumbled upon this thing-ah-mah-jig:

Spressa Mezzo

I don't think the inversion method will work with this contraption.

Page 34 of 47 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast