Thread: Noveske Infidel 6.8

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Noveske Infidel 6.8

I have been eagerly awaiting this upper to complete my 6.8 carbine that I hope to make my primary rifle, ammo costs willing. This arrived yesterday and was worth the considerable wait. John Noveske is a gentleman to deal with, a really nice guy and makes a mean freaking barrel or two. I was kind of lucky that it did take awhile because during the wait, LaRue came out with their new sling swivel rail and John has his new gas block. I tried to take a pic of the gas block as this is going to be one popular piece. It is made of the same 17-4 stainless that Noveske makes his extreme duty barrels out of and is beautifully pinned in place. Very cool.

I'm keeping this simpler than I had originally pondered. I mounted a set of HK416 sights and an EoTech 552. A SF M900 with a LT mount and a KAC QD swivel for the BFG/Vickers sling. Somewhere Basicload on LF had mentioned that he was thinking of two front QD mounts so he could move his sling and use it to steady his shot if he were not using a vert grip (I hope I understood that correctly). I thought that sounded like a good idea so I'm trying it. I'll give it a shot on Saturday.

The lower has a Sully stock which I might use on most of my rifles instead of folders. It is just perfect for me. TD Battlegrip and Magpul triggerguard as well. The lower is a Stag 6.8. One of the (few) advantages living in CT is access to gun stuff at times. The conversation in calling Stag went like this:

-4pm
    -"Jesse...John..I need a complete 6.8 lower for a Noveske upper coming in"
    -"I think we have one, if not we'll make one up. Be at Josephs (my gunstore) tomorrow morning"

10am the next day I get a call from the gunstore. "Your lower is here"
    I love it when a plan comes together.

The Noveske upper has a CMT MP bolt and carrier, LT 12.0 rail and the "pig" The Infidel barrel is SS, poly 1/10 twist. It is 13.7" long and the pig takes it out of NFA land.

I really want to adopt the 6.8 as my primary. I love the caliber; accurate and powerful. The key is to shoot it enough to get proficient with it. Ammo costs are pretty steep and I haven't reloaded much yet. (Yeah, yeah...insert multiple jokes/pithy comments about money here. Go ahead, get it out of your system. Feel better now? ) Anyway, I LOVE this rifle. Enjoy!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Very nice!
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    Very nice, indeed!

Have you had any problems with your PRI mags dropping free from your 6.8 lower? I’d like to get a 6.8 marked Stag Arms lower.

I’m currently using a Colt MT lower on my 6.8, as I’ve found it is the only lower (of the 7 that I own: Colt, LMT, KAC, Mega) that will drop all of my PRI mags.

My 6.8 mags are all a year-and-a-half to two years old. I don’t know if PRI has changed them at all lately.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No problem at all with the PRI mags dropping out. However, I do have a hell of a time loading more than 20rds in the 28rd mags. I was hoping to get 25rds in and it can be a real bitch. I heard that Barrett mags are much easier to load. I'll have to try some.

Feedback Score
    real nice John
    "Respect all, fear none"

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Bad ass.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Slick rifle!

Very streamlined and the Noveske on the side of the upper is a nice finishing touch!
    John Noveske Changed My Life.

Feedback Score
    Very very nice. I want one

Feedback Score
    Are there any dealers out there who have Infidel barrels in stock?

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Nice set up for staying out of NFA range.