Thread: Headstamp FC NT

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Headstamp FC NT

Having issues with primes 'only' for the following 9mm cartridge, using Dillon 550B with CCI's 500.

Is it a crimp cartridge and if so, please point out the difference between the two cartridges for this novice? Any ideas?

Headstamp: FC NT = Federal Cartridge Non Toxic

Google Search:

Federal Cartridge Company BallistiClean®

This ammunition uses a copper jacketed, zinc core bullet, a nontoxic copper-colored primer and is loaded in brass cases head stamped “NT.”
    The primer mix is of particular interest as it contains no heavy metals or toxic metals; instead, the primer mix contains DiazoDiNitroPhenol (DDNP) as the primary explosive instead of lead styphnate.

Furthermore, the oxidizer is calcium silicate instead of barium and strontium compounds. Indeed, this round is reportedly the first completely toxic metal-free line of ammunition to be developed. The BallistiClean round is designed to exceed OSHA and EPA requirements, protect the shooter’s lungs, eliminate disposal problems for range owners and operators, and sheds approximately 50% of its weight upon impact, thereby reducing back splatter. Furthermore, this round provides an enhanced realistic training experience because of its ability to duplicate the accuracy and recoil of standard duty ammunition. These loads also cycle reliably in semiautomatic weapons.
    To date, this ammunition is available in numerous bullet weights for the following calibers: .380 Auto, 9mm Luger, .38 Special, .357 Magnum, .40 S&W, 10mm Auto, .45 Auto, .223 Remington, .22 Long Rifle, and 12-Gauge shotgun.

One on right works:

Last edited by platoonDaddy; 08-13-11 at 15:16.

Feedback Score
    Yep I bet super expensive as well! Green ammo BS ! Can't wait for the EPA to ban all other ammo so you don't have to worry about killing anyone anymore! Never heard nor seen anyone die from heavy metal piosoning in using regular ammo/primers. A threat thats not a threat! Why do folks keep helping the Greens in banning our sport! Quit buying the lead frees and green ammo!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The NT brass has crimped primer pockets which is what's causing you issues with priming. Your options are to swage or ream out the crimp or toss/sell that crimped brass to someone else who may wants it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wahoo95 View Post
    The NT brass has crimped primer pockets which is what's causing you issues with priming. Your options are to swage or ream out the crimp or toss/sell that crimped brass to someone else who may wants it.
    That what I get for sweeping up the ammo at the range and hauling home. Will set them aside for a rainy day.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    If you have enough of them worth shipping and want them processed, I can run them on my Dillon 1050 for you and swage out the crimp.
    I'm an FFL/gunsmith, not the holster company. We specialize in subsonic ammunition and wholesale rifles.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I toss crimped 9mm brass into the recycle bucket..... shit... I toss most NON crimped in the recycle bucket too.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven Armament View Post
    If you have enough of them worth shipping and want them processed, I can run them on my Dillon 1050 for you and swage out the crimp.
    Thanks for the offer, but I don't have that many.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Question

Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I toss crimped 9mm brass into the recycle bucket..... shit... I toss most NON crimped in the recycle bucket too.
    if you have the time and the inclination, why not. but economically it might be more efficient to sell it as scrap or trade and get some factory ammo.
    Last edited by 30 cal slut; 08-21-11 at 08:26.
    Doing my part to keep malls safe