Thread: Gen 4 recoil assembly adapter ring

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Gen 4 recoil assembly adapter ring

Anyone use the Gen 4 recoil assembly adapter ring & if so what do you think?

http://glockstore.com/pgroup_descrip...+Adapter+Ring/

Feedback Score
    I'm not using the ring, but similar to that...

You can get a single captioned polymer Gen4 spring from Jager, with an ISMI spring installed on it.

They work very well, IMHO.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Salad0892 View Post
    I'm not using the ring, but similar to that...

You can get a single captioned polymer Gen4 spring from Jager, with an ISMI spring installed on it.

They work very well, IMHO.
    Thanks, will research the spring. Have too do something have over 4K rounds through my Gen 4 G17 using "02" & "02-1" spring. Tuesday morning spent brass flew back, ended up under my shooting glasses, of course burning the shit out of my eye lid.

Friggin erratic ejection is driving me nuts.

Edit: forgot to ask what weight spring did you purchase & why?
    Last edited by platoonDaddy; 08-20-11 at 17:06.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Are you sure that the issue is with the guide rod vs say the extractor or ejector?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Are you sure that the issue is with the guide rod vs say the extractor or ejector?
    I am not sure. Been following many posting and theories about what is the cause of erratic ejection. From my research, the "recoil spring assembly" has solved many user issues with ejection.

Therefore I will give it a go.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by platoonDaddy View Post
    Thanks, will research the spring. Have too do something have over 4K rounds through my Gen 4 G17 using "02" & "02-1" spring. Tuesday morning spent brass flew back, ended up under my shooting glasses, of course burning the shit out of my eye lid.

Been there (with the casing stuck between my shooting glasses and eye lid). Pass on that.

ISMI is good stuff. Buy with confidence.

C4

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I am not sure. Been following many posting and theories about what is the cause of erratic ejection. From my research, the "recoil spring assembly" has solved many user issues with ejection.

Therefore I will give it a go.

Be sure to let us know how it works out for you. My Gen4 G19 has been unproblematic with 2 minor exceptions (2 head bangers in the first few dozen rounds), but I know there are other issues floating around the internet with other Gen4's where extreme erratic ejection has been an issue. Unfortunately, there seem to be as many "fixes", or at least rumors thereof, as there are people who report having problems, so it would be nice to have some sort of first hand reporting as the incidents are occurring.

EDIT: I also spoke to JR Shepard of LWD about his company's recoil adapter kit for the Gen 4's and his opinion was that the aftermarket recoil springs offered by LWD, Glockmeister, Jaeger and others are a last-ditch fix for possible FTE/Stovepipe issues being experienced with some of the Gen4's. For ejection issues, he recommended either switching ammo or looking at replacing/modifying the extractor/depressor system first. He said changing the RSA may have a slight benefit for less erratic ejection, but he couldn't promise anything.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Long Tom Coffin; 08-20-11 at 23:10.

Feedback Score
    Anyone use the Gen 4 recoil assembly adapter ring & if so what do you think?
    I have one, but haven't shot it yet as the stock rsa is doing okay so far. It fits fine and a stock gen 3 rsa drops right in to my gen 4 G19. If (or when ) I start having some troubles, I'll try it out.

Feedback Score

Mine haven't arrived yet, but a friend of mine is using the 15 lbs. unit in his G19, and it feels like a Gen3.

I'm buying a 15 lbs. and a 19 lbs. spring, so see which one I like more with my carry ammo. 147 gr. Federal JHP.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.