Quote Originally Posted by KhanRad View Post
Berettas are not what they used to be. Just like with Sig Sauer, the company cannot keep a high enough profit margin by producing expensive alloy frames while having a DA/SA mechanism and still compete in the polymer framed market. Sig and Beretta have outsourced many small parts, and they have started using cheaper quality aluminum alloy for frames in order to keep the prices down. The concequence is guns that have a shorter lifespan, and are more likely to break parts. M9 contracts are still using the high quality specifications, but those are not available to the public......just as contract M11s are not available to the public. The days of high quality alloy framed pistols that are priced under $1500 are over. Times change, and the competition has found a much more cost effective method of producing firearms that are equal or better to alloy framed pistols. Alloy framed guns cannot compete at the same price level and still be of high quality.
You got some hard evidence on that claim or is it just a rumor you read on the interwebz?

You can buy M9s all day long that do not differ from the American 92FS except for rollmarks & the rear sight. In fact, current American 92FS models are using M9 frames instead of the slanted frames on the Italians. There is no difference in a .mil M9 and a commercial M9 except the serial number.

I've bought 4 NIB and 2 LNIB 92 variants this year that have not differed than any of my older 92Gs & FS models I've previously owned. In fact, they are actually better since Beretta has been updating the 92 with better locking blocks, and trigger return springs.

Beretta has cheapened the 92 line with a plastic magazine release, decock levers, guide rod, and plastic coated metal trigger. Otherwise, they have not changed. Plus Beretta has invested in the 90-two & 92A1/96A1 series which have addressed the issues with the 92.