Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunting picture thread--weak bellies beware!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Had the privilege of hunting a private club today. It was different shooting hens, thats for sure! Chukar and Pheasant abound...

Want to hunt chukar fo' reelz?

Feedback Score
    I definitely filled the freezer this season and got my first buck. Got three in total, one doe and two bucks, here are the two bucks:

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Nice work, gents! Those are good looking bucks.

Aren't those chukars pretty fast mover's? I've never done any bird hunting besides quail and dove, and have always wondered about them.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedyz View Post
    He stated he attempts shots like this on weekends and last time it took him 4-5 shots to get hits. Pulling 168 lbs of meat off of that animal means that meat was left in the field. I didn't need to speculate.
    He States he took 4-5 shots to get hits with a 308 MWS at that distance. I'm pretty sure he hunts with a 300 win mag and are completely different animals. If he couldn't get hits after 4 shots with the 300 win I highly doubt he would just be winging it in the field.

Many times I have had bulls down miles off any path and in the dark. Hanging meat over night until you can get back in the following morning is almost common practice in most remote places. Unless you have pack horses or some sort of outfitter doing it for you. Few years back I was 4 miles from the truck and shot a 6x6 bull in a foot of snow. I took as much as I could and hung the rest until the next day. Seems pretty normal for anyone not road hunting.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skywalkrNCSU View Post
    I definitely filled the freezer this season and got my first buck. Got three in total, one doe and two bucks, here are the two bucks:

Nice!

What'd you get em with?

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Very nice. I would have liked to have that bull dozer to clean our elk. I want to build a hunting gun that I run suppressed, because my ears felt like not having it was unethical.

What are the specs on that gun? My hunting guns are not lite weight, I have #4 contour kreigers if Im not mistaken. Hardly a mountain gun. I want a gun that I can shoot well and practice with a great deal without beating me up.

PB

PB
    This rifle is a Browning Hells Canyon McMillan Long Range 300 win mag. I have a TB ultra 7 can on it. Scope is a Kahles 624i gen 3 with SKMR3 reticle. Spuhr rings. It's not light but not as heavy as some of the Rem700s I have. I will take the weight and performance and deal with the 2 extra lbs.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    Nice!

What'd you get em with?
    Remington 700 in .308, used 168 gr sierra gamekings. Strange enough, both bucks didn’t even take a step but the doe didn’t even fall over when she got hit. She jumped in the air and ran about 30 yards and fell over dead (double lung). Both bucks were double lung as well but some shrapnel hit the hearts too.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    This rifle is a Browning Hells Canyon McMillan Long Range 300 win mag. I have a TB ultra 7 can on it. Scope is a Kahles 624i gen 3 with SKMR3 reticle. Spuhr rings. It's not light but not as heavy as some of the Rem700s I have. I will take the weight and performance and deal with the 2 extra lbs.
    Very nice. I had a Browning that I sold sure due to ignorance. Shooting factory fodder. Those are nice guns. Again well done.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dub View Post
    Want to hunt chukar fo' reelz?
    Yes, yes I do.

Pic thread:

Feedback Score
    First deer taken with my Henry .357 mag. This was the first year in Iowa we were able to use strait wall cartridge rifles for deer before this it had been shotgun only. I would have liked to be shooting a 45/70 or 44 mag lever gun. (Or 450 bushmaster ar15 ) but i already owned and reload for 357 mag so that is what i used. The 180 grain hornady xtp hollow point and 14.5 grains of winchester 296 did the job just fine on this 10 point iowa buck. At about 150 yards the Shot was a little long for the round but he only ran 50 yards before he piled up on the fence line. One shot threw both lungs. If it would have hit the heart he would have been drt but i am more than happy with the shot and the outcome. And the fact that there is zero meat loss. It the bullet slipped in between the ribs on the left side and was recoved just under the hide on the opposite side. Im sure if i would have hit him at under 100 yards the bullet would have passed threw both sides.20171210_162227.jpg20171210_162227.jpg
    Last edited by jt91123; 12-17-17 at 21:43.

Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast