Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunting picture thread--weak bellies beware!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Hunting picture thread--weak bellies beware!

Quote Originally Posted by 1toughdog View Post
    Dang, that's nice shooting, sir. What were you using; rifle, load, optics?
    My father in law shot that one. He's shooting a Winchester Super Grade in .270 and handloaded 130gr Barnes TTSX. Leupold VX3 3.5-10x40 in leupold mounts. I can't remember the exact load but I believe it's H4831SC in Lapua brass and Winchester large rifle primers. For a factory rifle under $2k I don't think they get any better than the Super Grade. The three I have experience with (7mm-08, .270, and 30-06) are all great shooters. During load development there wasn't anything they shot bad.
    Last edited by longball; 01-15-17 at 10:30.
    "These skills, just like the fundamentals, are not received on birth. They must be taught, understood, and practiced to maintain proficiency. And like martial arts and copulation, they aren't learned from the internet, a video game, or a magazine article." - Failure2Stop

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by longball View Post
    My father in law shot that one. He's shooting a Winchester Super Grade in .270 and handloaded 130gr Barnes TTSX. Leupold VX3 3.5-10x40 in leupold mounts. I can't remember the exact load but I believe it's H4831SC in Lapua brass and Winchester large rifle primers. For a factory rifle under $2k I don't think they get any better than the Super Grade. The three I have experience with (7mm-08, .270, and 30-06) are all great shooters. During load development there wasn't anything they shot bad.
    Thanks, steady hand and eye, again - mighty fine shooting!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1toughdog View Post
    Thanks, steady hand and eye, again - mighty fine shooting!
    Thank you sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "These skills, just like the fundamentals, are not received on birth. They must be taught, understood, and practiced to maintain proficiency. And like martial arts and copulation, they aren't learned from the internet, a video game, or a magazine article." - Failure2Stop

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    The hunting has been good here lately. Hunting almost everyday. With friends during the week, and clients on the weekends. I've got to meet and hunt with some great people. I'll be back to my real job in a few days, and it's going to be bittersweet.

To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by longball View Post
    Shot about 1600 and retrieved at 1710. Coyotes beat us to it.

Always a shame when the coyotes beat you to them. A good yote is a dead yote. So not to stray from the thread. I pig hunt about every weekend now. Came back home empty the past couple of times. Shot at a yote at 300 that ran in front of our ranger but I missed. Seems like the traps are doing a better job than us shooters are as of recent. Haven't checked our feeder in almost two weeks now so we'll see. Set traps out in a new spot in January. Middle of February had 102 pigs in a month. This is a small bunch from the corral trap near the river.

Like pictures of guns, dogs, and trucks? Me too. Let's be friends, or not, whatever you want to do. Just an option
    Instagram

Psalm 140:4
    Profile pic by 556 Productions

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Draw time is coming!!! Just finished up our video from last year's New Mexico hunt! Between the 4 of us we put down 3 monster Bulls! The video is kinda long but I wanted to show the ups and downs of the emotional roller coaster of a hunt. Chasing big game on public lands is by far the toughest yet most rewarding hunting you can do!! So here ya go! If you're using a computer, click the gear box on the bottom right corner and select 1080p HD for best quality. Also it helps to be on wifi! Enjoy!!!

In 11 days, I lost 9lbs... But we put in the work, got off the roads, and saw Elk everyday!!!

https://youtu.be/TaTnYVfh9Qw

Feedback Score
    There is my last coyote.

https://youtu.be/4kP58TZCtKs

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tgoody14 View Post
    Draw time is coming!!! Just finished up our video from last year's New Mexico hunt! Between the 4 of us we put down 3 monster Bulls! The video is kinda long but I wanted to show the ups and downs of the emotional roller coaster of a hunt. Chasing big game on public lands is by far the toughest yet most rewarding hunting you can do!! So here ya go! If you're using a computer, click the gear box on the bottom right corner and select 1080p HD for best quality. Also it helps to be on wifi! Enjoy!!!

In 11 days, I lost 9lbs... But we put in the work, got off the roads, and saw Elk everyday!!!

https://youtu.be/TaTnYVfh9Qw

AWESOME, just awesome, great hunting, great Bulls! Very nice video work, I love the choice of music as well. Thanks for posting.

Hunted the Cloud Croft area back in 05-06 for mule deer, unsuccessful but the area is just gorgeous!
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1489076176.574638.jpg

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks! Yea I hear Cloudcroft is a great area! If we would've had a Mule Tag we could've got plenty of chances on one haha

Feedback Score
    Got her Saturday night around 11:42pm. She was a 27lb female

Arp 12.5 6.8 spec
    Wilson whisper
    Armasight Zeus 3 640 75mm
    110 pro hunter

Temp: 44
    Humidity: 81%

(Weak belly beware)

https://youtu.be/NdUdefSium4

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk