Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunting picture thread--weak bellies beware!

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Opening day of the Utah General Mule Deer hunt. After seeing all these pictures I thought I'd show you guys what some desert mountains look like.

I didn't get one today but I'm being picky this year. My brother and wife both have tags and have never harvested yet so I'm letting them shoot first.

Last edited by VIP3R 237; 10-19-13 at 20:17.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    My first deer ever. Went about 6 times last year seeing nothing. Yesterday I saw this one after about 45 min. in my stand . He was shot with Tula 124gr HP ( 8m3 bullet). I was very happy with the performance of this bullet.

Exit wound after skinning

Feedback Score
    Bow kill from this weekend.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

First hunt of the year!!

Cheyenne Bottoms, KS
    Made a 4 day trip up from Baton Rouge with a group of friends. 128 birds on 4 hunts between the 6 of us. 5.33 birds/hunt/man. Not bad. Mistiming the front cost us limit the first couple of days.

Highlight of the trip may have very well been watching a pair of B-2's maneuvering for the better part of 10 minutes. Quite impressive! Cell phone shot.
    Long-term consistency trumps short-term intensity.
    Bruce Lee

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Photobucket sucks now. When I upload pics they get blurry. But anyways called in a double on the first stand this morning. Called the first one in from over a mile, took a 125y shot and put him down. He was mangy and really bloody so no pic of him. The second came from behind us and snuck down a draw towards the call. At 25 yards he crossed my line of sight and I popped him. His belly was full of something, had to weigh close to 40# even though he really wasn't all that big.

Bison 16" recon barrel
    AAC SDN6 can
    S3G trigger
    TR20-2 accupoint
    SSA 85gr TSX
    http://www.youtube.com/wormydog1724

Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz
    This isn't "Ihuntcoyotes.com.

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Drove across the border to the free state of Texas for a quick night hunt. Called in one within 5 minutes, pretty sure I missed. Two more came in 10 minutes later, ran right passed me at 10 yards, killed the first one while the second one slipped into the tall grass. It kept barking about 50 yards away and I finally got a clear shot through the grass, not sure if I hit it either. I tentatively looked but didn't feel comfortable walking through that waist high grass in the dark with a potentially wounded/dangerous animal lurking in the midsts. I'm going back down there after work to search the area. I doubt I'll find anything. I need an IR illuminator.

http://www.youtube.com/wormydog1724

Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz
    This isn't "Ihuntcoyotes.com.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I started a thread on this but it also belongs here.

Took this hog from 70 yards with a 9" AAC using 110gr Black Tip TSX.

9" AAC 300blk sitting on my Noveske lower.

Initial shot that broke (destroyed) the spinal cord

Initial shot, spinal cord damage

Finishing shot, entrance wound

Finishing shot, exit wound

Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~ Paul Howe

Feedback Score
    Hello..I'm still kinda new around here...lurked for a long time and finally joined..then work got crazy and free time went away, things settled down a little. Anyway..cull buck I took Friday afternoon. He was missing the left rear foot...and his rack was showing the effects, he was as good as he was gonna get...

Dropped him with a 55grn Nosler Ballistic Tip...he is laying where he was standing when I took the shot.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Hunting picture thread--weak bellies beware!

Apologies for the poor pics. This is our first year processing our own deer. After being burnt by two different processors in the last three years we just bought some equipment and are doing it on our own. So far we have been very happy with the results. It isn't easy, but in my opinion it is worth the effort. At the rate we kill deer (and hoping to add some hogs this year) all of our equipment will pay for itself in the first two years.

Doe on Saturday afternoon

Same doe Saturday night with two others. One was killed earlier the same day and one the day before.

Monday night

Last edited by longball; 03-07-14 at 06:26.
    "These skills, just like the fundamentals, are not received on birth. They must be taught, understood, and practiced to maintain proficiency. And like martial arts and copulation, they aren't learned from the internet, a video game, or a magazine article." - Failure2Stop

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Hope it was worth it for her, either this one or its battle buddy got a nice chunk out of one of my chickens through the fence, chicken is still soldiering on like nothing happened though but looks gross...

Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast