Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunting picture thread--weak bellies beware!

Feedback Score

Got my first deer today. Wasn't really looking for a buck, just wanted some meat and to finally get my first one. I was by myself so I went at the whole gutting thing on my own and my hours of YouTube watching paid off because I got it done pretty easily and the processor was impressed it was my first one. Now I am absolutely hooked, shame it's at the end of the season but at least we have some axis out this way too.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skywalkrNCSU View Post

Got my first deer today. Wasn't really looking for a buck, just wanted some meat and to finally get my first one. I was by myself so I went at the whole gutting thing on my own and my hours of YouTube watching paid off because I got it done pretty easily and the processor was impressed it was my first one. Now I am absolutely hooked, shame it's at the end of the season but at least we have some axis out this way too.
    What did you use?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    What did you use?
    Remington 700 308 with Federal Fusion 165 gr. Had my SilencerCo Omega on the end for hearing protection which was really nice. Pretty easy shot, under 100 yards, probably 75 or so. She ran about 20 yards and fell over dead.

Funny thing was last weekend I got skunked, hardly saw a thing and today I was going out to setup for the evening hours and decided to take my rifle with me just in case and saw four does out in the open about 200 yards out. Snuck up a little and laid down and boom.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Great hunt with good friends in North Central Texas this morning.

To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skywalkrNCSU View Post

Congrats!! There's nothing like your first deer. I hope you get many more.

That would be neat to get an axis deer. The exotics are getting very popular down here in Texas.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBK View Post
    Great hunt with good friends in North Central Texas this morning.
    You want to hear something really neat? I saw a courting pair of mourning doves on my back fence yesterday. The Texas dove population is increasing again.

Feedback Score
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1483502321.220870.jpg N.E. Wyoming, Oct 2016, Sauer 200 bolt in .270, 140 gr. Nosler Ballistic tip, my load, Swarovski 2.5-10X50 PH, about 325 yards, by LRF, wet score 75 6/8s. Had a great hunt with friends. Have had several outstanding meals already and homemade jerky!
    Last edited by 1toughdog; 01-03-17 at 22:10.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Hunting picture thread--weak bellies beware!

Quote Originally Posted by 1toughdog View Post
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1483502321.220870.jpg N.E. Wyoming, Oct 2016, Sauer 200 bolt in .270, 140 gr. Nosler Ballistic tip, my load, Swarovski 2.5-10X50 PH, about 325 yards, by LRF, wet score 75 6/8s. Had a great hunt with friends. Have had several outstanding meals already and homemade jerky!
    Beautiful animal. My wife and I just started trying to plan a Wyoming antelope hunt. It's a little overwhelming for a couple southerners but we are looking forward to the experience.

Our current hunting experiences are quite different.
    [/QUOTE]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by longball; 01-03-17 at 22:34.
    "These skills, just like the fundamentals, are not received on birth. They must be taught, understood, and practiced to maintain proficiency. And like martial arts and copulation, they aren't learned from the internet, a video game, or a magazine article." - Failure2Stop

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by longball View Post
    Beautiful animal. My wife and I just started trying to plan a Wyoming antelope hunt. It's a little overwhelming for a couple southerners but we are looking forward to the experience.

Thank you. WY., awesome hunting and plenty of WhiteTails, Mule Deer, Antelope and Turkey! Best wishes, good hunting to you and your wife!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Hunting picture thread--weak bellies beware!

Thank you sir. Best wishes to you as well.
    So as not to stray from the pic thread. This is possibly my best 2 hours I've ever spent hunting. This is my nephew whittling a stick with his new multi-tool.

Last edited by longball; 01-03-17 at 22:38.
    "These skills, just like the fundamentals, are not received on birth. They must be taught, understood, and practiced to maintain proficiency. And like martial arts and copulation, they aren't learned from the internet, a video game, or a magazine article." - Failure2Stop

Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast