Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: H2 or H3 buffer?

Feedback Score
    WOW this same topic is still going after all these years??

middy should be fine with carbine buffer or a H buffer

With My 2-14.5 M4
    I can run all of them. from standard, to 9mm

mostly its up to the operator

BTW I run regular mil spec carriers/bolts
    Not the fancy coated type
    Last edited by M193 BALL; 02-13-11 at 16:44. Reason: add info

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    In my experience you are wrong, sir. I A/B'd the NiB BCG w/ my CMT FA group using Slip 2000 EWL AND Slip 2000 EWG (grease) and the difference was notable between the two. I still could not run the super heavy buffers using the CMT group, but could with the NiB. Same ammo. Same Upper. Same range day.

I'm not trackin' on your point. Friction is an ever-present evil in engineering, and reducing it is still a good thing last time I checked.

I was already running my CT carrier as sopping-wet as I could...no more lube could be added. So, tell me how using a coating that was developed to reduce friction is a bad thing.
    I never said reducing friction is a bad thing.

Brother, I heard the same bullshit when red dots came out, when midlength gas systems were developed, when the battlecomp was invented, when the PMAG came out, etc. Your back-handed comment about pushing what the platform is capable of is what stifles innovation. If you don't like it, then don't do it. This was actually thread-drift from the start, as my direction to the OP echoed IG; use an H2 buffer and be done with it.
    There was no back handed comment and there is no innovation here. I see people throwing parts at something without understanding why they are doing it and how it works. It is more thousand island dressing being passed of as secret sauce than innovation.

I haven't read every thread on here, but the only one that really stands out as doing things right is Grant's thread about the best suppressed SBR ever. He started with the gas port and worked his way back, picking and testing all the pieces to make sure they all worked the way he wanted them to. Maybe I missed the others. If I did, someone please point them out to me because I would love to read them to further my knowledge.

Since you know so much about me and my inadequacies at using said carbine, how about you tell me some more about myself.....really, I'd like to hear it. Save your condescending bullsh*t for TOS.

Addressing an engineering/design issue in this Technical forum should NEVER be a faux paux or be subject to brow beating.
    I have no idea what you are talking about. All I am doing is having a technical discussion about the AR platform. No "brow beating" or a single word about you.
    Last edited by EzGoingKev; 02-13-11 at 19:37.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    I never said reducing friction is a bad thing.

There was no back handed comment and there is no innovation here. I see people throwing parts at something without understanding why they are doing it and how it works. It is more thousand island dressing being passed of as secret sauce than innovation.

I haven't read every thread on here, but the only one that really stands out as doing things right is Grant's thread about the best suppressed SBR ever. He started with the gas port and worked his way back, picking and testing all the pieces to make sure they all worked the way he wanted them to. Maybe I missed the others. If I did, someone please point them out to me because I would love to read them to further my knowledge.

I have no idea what you are talking about. All I am doing is having a technical discussion about the AR platform. No "brow beating" or a single word about you.
    Fair enough. Who is "People" that you so often refer to in your posts? I'm trackin' that your posts are directed at me (and mine at you) as I was under the impression that you and I are having a dialog on this thread.

There is nothing new under the sun and I've made no effort to have others believe that I'm breaking new ground here. I guess your salad dressing comment was supposed to be a compliment.

I am in no way competing with Grant's SBR thread with my few posts on this thread. IN fact, his thread has greatly informed my own experimentation in the area of heavy buffers.

Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    I see people throwing parts at something without understanding why they are doing it and how it works.
    I'm supposed to believe that this is not directed at me? Gotcha.

Considering that it is directed at me, I'm not sure just how to respond. How do you know what I do or do not understand?

Is there a question you'd like to ask or a direct statement you'd like to make about what I've posted?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Your previous post makes no sense. Maybe it's just me. I have only shot middies with H, H2 and H3.
    Someone apparently found it necessary to temporarily lock my account for asking a question. You admit that you have no experience with buffers heavier than an H3 and you belittle me attempting to share my opinion, based on my experience with heavier buffers. What am I missing here?

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Do yourself a BIG favor. Re-read what I said and my post. IME from shooting the BCM 14.5" midlength carbine with an H3 buffer the gun is cycling so slow that it borders on not functioning reliably

However, if you are using the newer Vltor A5 set up, that is different. Which is what I said as well.

Your account wasn't locked. You were given an infraction for disrespect towards a Moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by persona non grata View Post
    Someone apparently found it necessary to temporarily lock my account for asking a question. You admit that you have no experience with buffers heavier than an H3 and you belittle me attempting to share my opinion, based on my experience with heavier buffers. What am I missing here?

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Do yourself a BIG favor. Re-read what I said and my post. IME from shooting the BCM 14.5" midlength carbine with an H3 buffer the gun is cycling so slow that it borders on not functioning reliably

However, if you are using the newer Vltor A5 set up, that is different. Which is what I said as well.

Your account wasn't locked. You were given an infraction for disrespect towards a Moderator.
    Our experiences obviously differ. My data set is dozens of weapons, not one weapon. Standard carbine receiver extensions, no VLTOR A5s. And apparently I'm not the only one with similar results.

I showed no disrespect, I stated my experience and posed virtually the same question to you that you posed to me.

Lock/Infraction - Semantics

Feedback Score
    Got some questions and saw this thread and thought it was relevant to what I was searching for.

Currently I am running a standard buffer spring with an H2 but am thinking about getting an H3 and a Sprinco blue spring or even a red Sprinco. Will this make a difference in felt recoil or do I leave well enough alone?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LRB45 View Post
    Got some questions and saw this thread and thought it was relevant to what I was searching for.

Currently I am running a standard buffer spring with an H2 but am thinking about getting an H3 and a Sprinco blue spring or even a red Sprinco. Will this make a difference in felt recoil or do I leave well enough alone?

Thanks
    What gas system/barrel length are we talkin' here?

I'm inclined to say leave ''well enough'' alone.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    Sorry, forgot to mention 14.5" and carbine gas system.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LRB45 View Post
    Sorry, forgot to mention 14.5" and carbine gas system.
    H2 + Sprinco BLUE Spring, and 5 Coil extractor spring + Black insert.

Source: Mike Pannone

http://www.defensereview.com/the-big...m4-unreliable/

I however, also personally recommend VLTOR A5 with standard 5.1 oz. A5 buffer, and Sprinco GREEN spring.

You're just fine with what you have as well. IMHO. But the Sprinco BLUE spring is SLIGHTLY stronger, though I've never measured by how much.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast