Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: H2 or H3 buffer?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TacDoc
    One more question, if the H3 and 9mm buffers weight almost the same, what are the advantages of the H3?
    When you shake a regular buffer, you will hear/feel the weights inside. My Colt 9mm's buffer feels solid. You hear and feel nothing.

In Colt Armorer's class, you will learn that those loose weights inside the buffer are there for a reason. When the bolt carrier and buffer are starting to move forward, the weights inside the buffer slide towards the rear due to inertia. When the bolt hits the barrel extension and starts to lock up, the loose weights inside the buffer slam forward, helping give an extra kick to ensure the bolt seats properly. You do not get that extra reliability benefit in the 5.56 when using a solid 9mm buffer.

The SAW Sales reliability package includes a H buffer with heavier buffer weights, but I forgot what Tina said the exact weight was.

Feedback Score

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by LukeMacGillie
    The H2 and H3 buffers, do they have NSNs and or Colt Parts Numbers?
    FYI: I believe that the H2 buffer's mil info is as follows -

Recoil Buffer Assembly - NSN #1005-01-505-1036

Feedback Score
    DID Rock River change there 9mm buffer?
    Mine has weights inside? and has No screws, and the outside is one piece

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisara
    In Colt Armorer's class, you will learn that those loose weights inside the buffer are there for a reason. When the bolt carrier and buffer are starting to move forward, the weights inside the buffer slide towards the rear due to inertia. When the bolt hits the barrel extension and starts to lock up, the loose weights inside the buffer slam forward, helping give an extra kick to ensure the bolt seats properly. You do not get that extra reliability benefit in the 5.56 when using a solid 9mm buffer.
    That feature is actually there for full-auto use. It acts as a dead-blow device to prevent bolt-carrier bounce.
    If Guns Kill People, then Pencils cause misspelled words.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RBL
    DID Rock River change there 9mm buffer?
    Mine has weights inside? and has No screws, and the outside is one piece
    I've never seen a RRA 9mm buffer that had internal weights. Always a 2-piece designm with the 'head' attached to the 'body' via roll pin. Some have a hard plastic (Delrin?) bumper, and some have a soft rubber (Polyurethane?) bumper, but that is the only variation I have seen in several hundred buffers.

Feedback Score
    The SAW Sales reliability package includes a H buffer with heavier buffer weights
    So, in other words, the weight is customized? That's interesting. I wonder if its somewhere between H and H2 or what. Hrm....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by persona non grata
    I've never seen a RRA 9mm buffer that had internal weights. Always a 2-piece designm with the 'head' attached to the 'body' via roll pin. Some have a hard plastic (Delrin?) bumper, and some have a soft rubber (Polyurethane?) bumper, but that is the only variation I have seen in several hundred buffers.

I order mine a few months ago from Rock River

Its all one piece
    NO screws( like there old one)
    has wieghts in the inside
    Has a Green Plastic rubber at the end like most all buffers

Its looks just like my H bufferthats came with my VLTOR buthas a Black Finish

Its Cheaper than Buying the H3 buffer

I put the New RRA 9mm Buffer in my NEW LMT DEFENDER 2000 with There14.5 M4 upper!

Allthough I was Skeptical about the 9mm buffer

It made my LMT M4 run super smooth and works great

Runs well with 223 loads /BLACK HILLS Blue box 77gr and 75gr
    as well as MK262,M193,M855

So you guys should try out RRA NEW 9mm Buffer Cheaper and works awesome
    But I dont think its as heavy as the H3 but Very close

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisara
    When you shake a regular buffer, you will hear/feel the weights inside. My Colt 9mm's buffer feels solid. You hear and feel nothing.

The SAW Sales reliability package includes a H buffer with heavier buffer weights, but I forgot what Tina said the exact weight was.
    The three Colt 9mm buffers I got from SAW have weights inside them. They look like the standard carbine buffer other than having a steel body.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant
    Joe, I personally run an H2 in my middy's and run H3's in my carbines. The reason is that the pressure on the carbine gas system is much stronger than the middy gas sytems. I also run ISMI springs (which improve felt recoil as well).

As you know, car, H, H2 and H3 will all run in carbine or middy gas systems. I do think the heavier buffer improves reliability and decrease muzzle flip.

C4

Grant, is that with hotter 5.56 loads? Will it still run reliably with AE .223 or BH .223 75gr?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ren
    Grant, is that with hotter 5.56 loads? Will it still run reliably with AE .223 or BH .223 75gr?

I generally only shoot M855, MK262 or TAP (75gr). I do however buy white box Winchester for reliability checks in the guns I build and they work fine.

C4

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast