Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: KAC/Noveske/Larue 11.5

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Kevin, do you have a reason for prefering folding front sights on a gun you're using a Eotech on?
    NOT in training for combat deployment.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The main reason for these is working in a vehicle etc - its cleaner -- I will admit I lose a degree of simplicity. However if the EO does go down (okay when for you haters ) its a small thumb rotation to flip the lock on the sight and it springs up.

Plus I have to admit that KAC Flip Front is so damn cool.

On my CQB MRP gun in Iraq - its had a Troy flip front - and worked well enough -- worst case the EO goes down while shooting and I will center the EO window as best as I can (- I'm not making NLI CT shots so the degree of precision only needs to be minute of man) and transition or flip .
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    Office: 703.288.3500 x181 | Mobile: 407-451-4544 | Fax: 703.288.4505
    www.fnhusa.com

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Kevin,

Well executed! I'm both impressed and envious.

I just sent my LaRue Stealth upper / Bravo Company 11.5" barrel off to Steve at ADCO for a "face lift" (as the LaRue 11.0 on a 11.5" barrel really limited my suppressor options).

Take care and stay safe

-Jeff

Feedback Score
    Kevin is sooo ahead of everyone else Arctic white is the new flat dark earth. He already is using the new KAC winter collection color. We did a special run of all Arctic white for our northern brothers.
    But seriously what I really wish was we won SOPMOD II and HK was forced to use our URX interface for there EGL module that would be nice. The bbl could have been much closer to the rifle bbl and recoil would be better and the package size would be smaller and lighter.Then an Arctic white URX/HK-EGL adaptor would not be needed.
    C Reed Knight III
    Knight's Armament Co.
    http://www.knightarmco.com/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Roger that.

The artic white was the plastic shot of the proto. I've been holding off getting the full meal deal version in hopes someone would have the forthought to use the URXII - and the KAC version would be realized.

I'll post a pic or two of it all mounted up when I get some time.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    www.fnhusa.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    www.fnhusa.com

Feedback Score
    needs more suppressor.........

also needs more action shots killing small beardered smelly terrorists.......

Feedback Score
    Kevin,
    Do you think the 40 can come up and back or will it get to close to the magwell? Can I see a straight side shot. I think I would end up taking a hacksaw to the grip on the HK launcher;but I bet it is nice in a "standalone" type mode and I guess you use the launcher grip as a vp. Do you typically fire your 40mm with your left hand(if you are right handed). I have seen a lot of users that squeeze the trigger on the 203 against the triggerguard with their weak hand. How similar(or diff) is the position of the launcher in your prototype setup to a standard setup? Last question ; what are you using for a sight? Thanks and be safe.Sorry for so many potentially stupid questions.
    C Reed Knight III
    Knight's Armament Co.
    http://www.knightarmco.com/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I will borrow HH6's camera and get some better pics.

The idea for the mount came from guys using it as a standalone in the black role -- and wanting to mount it for green role ops.

I put it on the 11.5 as a demo of basically the shortest possible setup one can used suppressed.

Its as high as it can that will still clear a KAC, GEMTECH, SF, OPSINC can. While it could come back a hair more - it won't work with a redi-mag attached that way - and alsofurther back the pistol grip of the AG/C gets in the way, of reloads and tack reloads -- I wish it was a more friendly system.

As for aiming -- who needs to aim
    Somewhere in a pile of stuff I have a KAC reflex quadrant (I got it from lightfighter a few years ago) - but the screw holes dont line up with the HK body -- and the Hk issue plastic leaf is a POS.
    I was trying to hack a PSQ-18 to fit -- but the batter box and laser pressure button where not setup in a manner to allow that done easily - and I'm not a electronic friendly guy at the best of times -- so I shelved the idea.

Mike has a slew of design concepts we played with on computer -- we shot a bunch to coldblue a while back -- and I think Mike could email them to you if you wished.

Its been thru a few revisions trying to get feedback -- and I hope to have it 100% for some friends in Jan (we can discuss further via email)
    infidel6 AT gmail DOT com

I think the lightweight and robustness of the URXII/III setup makes for a great green side carbine -- and even for a spotter DM gun with the M110 - and other 7.62mm URX setups can add the Hk launcher - and with the VLTOR side mounting bipod provides a robust spotter system.

Cheers

Kev

I
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    www.fnhusa.com

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Kevin I tweaked your one dark picture for you.

Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast