Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Feasibility of catastrophic natural disaster

Feedback Score
    I worried about this and thought what can I do, well along came FEMA with its CERT program and wife and I joined.

Some very good instruction and team work ideas, we have a small but workable team that can make a big difference in a disaster.

Might as well help folks as set in a hole and pull the covers over your head.

If it is your time to die might as well die helping others.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by a1fabweld View Post
    Alright then, since we're talking about some deep shit here, what do you all know about the Denver airport conspiracy theories?
    DIA is the LARGEST airport in area in the country. The airport covers some 60 to 70-square miles. It is larger than Chicago O’Hare, Dallas Forth Worth and Atlanta/Hartsfield combined. This is a clue.

Some have said that it's location is so remote and so far from Denver itself that it seems to be halfway to the Kansas border.

My hypothesis is that DIA is an entry point for a D.U.M.B. (Deep Undergound Military Base). Note the amount of excavation debris there is to this day even though the airport is "completed". Also, why was DIA built in the first place when there was nothing wrong with Stapleton International? The cost alone to invest in another airport does not justify any cost benefit ratio. In fact the airport also charges high landing fees to airlines in order to offset its hefty construction costs (went over budget by several BILLIONS). Tickets to and from Denver are very expensive, lessening its appeal as a cross-country hub. Land, taxes, zoning, permits, red tape, et al. . .

17 May 1975 US Patent # 3,885,832.
    http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-P...&RS=PN/3885832

A TBM manufactuer who has set many records and continues to breaks it's own previous set records.
    http://www.robbinstbm.com/

Pic from USAF tunneling operations at Little Skull Mountain NV. This technology is not new.

Source: U.S. Department of Energy, Nevada Operations Office, photo number MX-027-30, 14 December 1982.

Here is a great write up on the DIA mysteryies.
    http://newsflavor.com/opinions/myste...ional-airport/

Here is a site devoted to the matter.
    http://diaconspiracyfiles.com/
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 08-30-11 at 04:06.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    I almost want to get my wife to read this thread... almost. I know after reading this I'm going to kick some things into high gear.

Seeing something coming is easy for some, but I wonder how many people on the east coast right no with no electricity, food, or water have made fun of preppers.

One more thing, I saw on the news this morning a story about (believe it or not) something like 20 milllion dollars going to a "green" company and they created 14 jobs, and are now going out of business. Is it the opinion of some or most that when money disappears like this it's probably going towards somebodies preperation or something more sinister?
    Last edited by LRS143; 08-30-11 at 07:07.

Psalm 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle;

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Another to add...CME X classes and their correlation to earth events and impact on our infrastructure (read: satellites, comms, etc.)

http://spaceweather.com/
    http://www.n3kl.org/sun/

Also, information on the galactic alignment is interesting reading. Our planets nearing the plane/'equator' of the massive black hole in our solar system and the approaching alignment's contribution to events on earth. Record tornado season this past spring and earthquakes increasing in both frequency in magnitude are some examples.
    Last edited by munch520; 09-06-11 at 09:09.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LRS143 View Post
    Seeing something coming is easy for some, but I wonder how many people on the east coast right no with no electricity, food, or water have made fun of preppers.
    Being on the east coast of Florida, I had been warning my northern coastal friends 'get ready now, before everyone else rushes out to get supplies' for about 5 days before the storm came their way. Some took the advice, some got caught with their pants down. I think (hope) those that got hit hard and weren't ready will take it seriously the next time.

Regardless of whether it's the zombie apocalypse, an earthquake, the 'go' time for a global conspiracy, three major hurricanes within 8 weeks, or just a really bad thunderstorm and some unlucky power grid damage, it NEVER hurts to have at least 1 week of supplies on hand along with a means of defending yourself.

I hear a lot about the defending oneself part: 'Just call the cops.' In 2004, we were hit by two major hurricanes (Frances and Jeanne) within 3 weeks of each other. We were without power for just over over two weeks after Frances, and for another 11 days after Jeanne. For 3-4 days both times, there was no phone service. No landlines, no cell service, no 'just calling the cops.' Too many people are too comfortable with being 'taken care of.' Of course a lot of locals stop thinking that way when reports of looting start coming out... On this forum, I'm sure the point of self-reliance/self-defense is pretty much a given, but it is almost frightening to see how many people still don't get it.

I work for a telco, so we were pretty busy (the area I cover had also been hit by Charley, a few weeks earlier,) and gas was scarce. Not just finding places that had it, but places that had power to dispense it. (Many gas stations now have generators, they didn't then.) I took my empty gas cans to work every day. For the first week of each storm, it was like Mad Max, with me spending part of my day keeping an eye out for places with gas AND power.

For us, it was just an inconvenience. For those that didn't want to be 'paranoid,' or figured the government would take care of them, they had a really rough time. Water is supplied via home site wells in most of our area, so without a generator, you had no water. And no fridge, no lights, no fans, etc. The lines for gas were sometimes long, but not nearly as long as the lines for FEMA ice and water...

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    So...the recent satellites plummeting from the sky...are these results of CMEs?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by munch520 View Post
    So...the recent satellites plummeting from the sky...are these results of CMEs?
    I'm not sure which satellites you are talking about so I can't say with absolute certainty, but they are likely falling out of the sky because they are old/dead and their orbits degraded to the point that they finally "fell." I don't know of any "new" still functional satellites that have just arbitrarily re-entered the atmosphere.

You have to remember, between us and the Russians (and to a lesser extent the other European nations) a whole lot of crap was launched into low Earth orbit back in the '60s '70s '80s and those satellites only have a finite amount of fuel to maintain orbit. So while it may appear as though the "sky is falling" it's really just the natural end of life for dead man-made satellites.

Besides, if it was the result of a CME, Earth would be affected. Earth and its envelope occupy a really small spot in space, there wouldn't be a "near-miss" that just zaps a couple satellites and doesn't screw with us dirt side.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345