Thread: Kaluban Cloak holster

Feedback Score

Kaluban Cloak holster

This is my second Kaluban. I liked the one for my PPQ so much I decided to get one for the Glock 19.

I emailed them Friday with a couple questions and after they responded I placed my order. Then later that night I get a copy of the work order from Cheryl and it's even got the estimated ship date. The holster arrived exactly one week later.

I was hoping the fit would be just like the PPQ, where the gun would click and lock in when you re-holster. But with this one the gun just slides in, but the retention is good. It's just a little harder to draw, not real hard though.

They also sent me some pancake wings to try. They aren't listed on their website yet. They pull the holster in a little tighter and are adjustable for height and cant.

I really like this thicker 0.08" Kydex. Their Coyote is even thicker at .093".

With the wings installed.

Walther PPQ in OD
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm glad you have had a good experience with them, but mine was a nightmare. I will never order anything frome them again. It wouldn't have been so bad if wen I got my gear it was 1-what I ordered, 2- actually worked, and 3-wen I called/emailed they where willing to fix THEIR mistake. I ordered a holster for a g19 with tlr-1s, and a mag carrier. I was quoted a week and I revived my gear 4 and a half F¥€k¡ng months later. With only three emails answered in all that time, I sent about twenty trying to get an answer about what the hold up was. If they had originally told me it would be between a week and 4 months It would not have been a problem. Then wen I finally get my holster its for a g34 not a 19, it worked fine(mostly) but that is not what I ordered, and I was not told it would be a g34 holster to streamline the process. Again if they would have told me it would not have been a problem. The mag carrier I got looked like it was made for a glock mag but it would not even except any of my 9mm glock magazines. On top of all this wen I called to see about getting the right holster to replace the one I got instead of the one I ordered, and a magazine carrier that actually fit a glock 9mm magazine, I was told it could take up to 4 more months to get the replacement's WTF. I just waited 4 months and a week longer then I was quoted received the wrong gear, then I'm told I would have to wait the same amount of time it would take if I had just placed a new order. That kind of bs customer service has no place in any industry, let alone an industrie where your only as good as your word and products. Now on to the good, the holster had a nice positive click wen holstering,and good retention. Unfortunately that was the only good thing about the gear . The holster and mag carrier where poorly finished(the kydex had rinkle's(sp?) And rough edges) it didn't effect the the performance of the gear but it looked kinda shitty. Thank god for companies like raven concealment, they where their for me wen the company who's products,and CS had failed me(iwb loop snapped for no apparent reason) I got a much better holster, and amazing customer service. I would causation anyone ordering from kaluban cloak to think about how much their gear means to them. If you have the money to take a gamble, and you don't depend on your gear everyday then by all means take a chance. But I will stick to a company that has a stellar reputation and the best CS in the business. Good luck with your gear I hope it serves you well, and doesn't fail you wen you need it,like it did me.

Feedback Score
    I have had good luck with them. First holster was for a glock 19 w/tlr-1. Delivered on time, and good quality. I just ordered and received a holster for an M9. It was a special they had listed for $45. Ordered and shipped cross- country within 3 days. Nice one as well. I have holsters from raven, peters custom, comp tac , and blade tech. These for me compare favorably with the others I have used.

Feedback Score
    What is the logic behind those pancake wings? The ones Raven Concealment sell seem to make more sense: they make looping a stiff Ares Gear belt easier + pull the holster snug to the body. Those look like they would push the firearm away?