Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vickers sling - padded or non-padded

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I do not find the padded to be comfortable on lighter guns, and only find it to be a worthwhile trade off on heavier guns. On lighter guns the padded sling rides up my neck and is exponentially less comfortable. It has nothing at all to do with the weight of the sling.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    After trying both on a 14.5" lightweight mid-length irons only gun with a 10" Troy TRX Extreme, the padded is the only way to go for me, even on the light weight gun du jour. All of my guns have padded slings. I even have padded slings waiting for guns.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Everything here is a worthwhile point to ponder. Ultimately, you have to decide which is most important and decide from there. My litmus test ended up being:

Wearing a full armor vest w/armor collar = unpadded preferred.

Slick/PC (no hard collar to keep the sling away from the side of my neck) = padded.

If slick or in a PC, one can wear a sniper-veil, shemagh or similar to keep brass from going down your shirt and to keep one's sling off from rubbing the neck, so nothing's absolute.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    Hi,

Thanks everyone, I'm going to give the padded one a try.

Alan

Feedback Score
    I run vtac so i am unfamiliar with the vcas but i do not see any reason to not run a padded vtac. i have plenty of room for adjustment and i am 6 foot 200 pounds and i dont see any reason to steer away from comfort

Feedback Score
    Paddded for sure.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Padded. It has just enough padding to aid in comfort, but not too much that it affects the flexibility of the sling as it bends around my neck and shoulders.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I have a standard and like it alot, guess I'll have to pick up a padded version next to see what all the fuss is about.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Padded. My weapon isn't that heavy but the padded sling makes it much more comfortable when slung. What's kind of wierd though is that the 2 padded slings I hav behave differently when slung on my weapon. I havae a UBR stok on my weapon and havae to connect both slings differently. The coyote brown sling I can connect it to the QD slot at the base of the sling and it doesn't get in the way when I bring my weapon to my shoulder. The green sling gets in the way and goes beween my cheek and the stock. I have to mount it to the rear QD slot so it won't get caught beteen my cheek and the stock. I can't figure out why it does this. No big deal though.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast