Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vickers sling - padded or non-padded

Feedback Score
    Another vote for padded.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    Hi,

The padded arrived today from net tac and while I don't have much experience with slings, it sure seems great and well made. Anyone got some good pictures / videos of how to use?

Thanks,

Alan

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by alank2 View Post
    Hi,

The padded arrived today from net tac and while I don't have much experience with slings, it sure seems great and well made. Anyone got some good pictures / videos of how to use?

Thanks,

Alan
    I wrote this last month, maybe it will help: http://www.lowspeed-highdrag.com/ind...d=58&Itemid=68

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Padded.

I carry my guns alot around my property and they are slung most of the time. I usually don't have a collared shirt on to keep the sling away from my neck.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Cunningham View Post
    I wrote this last month, maybe it will help: http://www.lowspeed-highdrag.com/ind...d=58&Itemid=68
    Thanks for the link - I have a serious newbie question: What is the benefit of doing a shoulder transition?

Alan

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Generally speaking, it's to maximize your use of cover when shooting from your weak side.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thumbs up

I recently completed a new build. I went with a light weight project, a DD complete lower with a BCM BFH 16" mid-length LW upper, I installed MOE handguards with the IWC treatment and a CTR. I opted for a VCAS padded push button. I must admit this sling spoils me. . .
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score

Metal or Acetal adjuster?

I know this is about padded vs non padded.

But what is the vote on plastic (acetal) vs. metal sldie adjustment?

Is the metal worth the extra $$$?
    Has the plastic held up long term for most?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Acetal. Hands down.

Taken from here: http://vickerssling.net/AvsM_info.html

This adjuster came later as we had the time and resources to invest in molding dies. It functions the same as the Metal Adjuster at a lesser cost. Acetal adjusters are quieter and won’t scratch your weapon. Acetal resins are among the strongest and stiffest of all thermoplastics, have a good fatigue life, low moisture sensitivity and high resistance to solvents and chemicals. We use the same proprietary military-grade ITW resin in our adjusters that we use in all of our other polymer sling hardware.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the heads up on Acetal!

I was just wary of all the stress adjustment could have on the slider.

I am about to request some of these to be purchased by my agency, and was hoping to keep the cost down. I bought one for my personal 6920 with a metal slider back when the OD green sling was on sale for half off, so I did not mind paying extra for the metal. I wish I could get them at that price again...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast