Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MOE Carbine handguard light mounts

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I'm another convert from the Midwest Industries FSB mount to the IWC mount. Lighter weight and I like the positioning of the light tail cap better.
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    mrbieler-
    Thats a sweet looking set-up, Im gonna really look into this for my rifle. Thanks for the great pic!!

Feedback Score
    66 (100%)
    I have the same as mrbieler, and would say it is pretty much perfect.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    - Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    any problems running a G2X on an AR? just got the IWC mount w/ G2X and i'm going to be upset if the G2X doesn't hold up to AR recoil...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SCSU74 View Post
    any problems running a G2X on an AR? just got the IWC mount w/ G2X and i'm going to be upset if the G2X doesn't hold up to AR recoil...
    Check out Surefire's warning on the G2X/6PX package (lower right):

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    dang it.... guess i'll run it till it breaks, only $60 any way

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The IWC mount is a solid product. I just cant stand having the light in the 10:00 position. I cant seem to get my eyes to adjust to it.

I tried the Elzetta mount on a .625 diameter barrel. No go. It wont mount solidly on that barrel.

I ended up putting the light in a figure 8 mount from M&A parts. I used a shim to fit it to the barrel.

Feedback Score
    66 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SCSU74 View Post
    dang it.... guess i'll run it till it breaks, only $60 any way
    Dang bro, I bought the IWC mount and saw the specs on the G2X and thought "Can't go wrong with a Surefire.". Never even noticed the warning on the back. I have about 120 rounds using the light on and haven't had any problems yet, but sorry for the bad advice on the light.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    - Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    So far, I've only got about 750 rounds through my gun since I mounted a G2X in a IWC light mount. So far, the light is still working.

Feedback Score
    I've had my G2L mounted in a very cheap (under $20) GG&G G2 flashlight mount and love it. only fired a few hundred rounds with it mounted in the last year but held up PERFECT and weighs next to nothing. *very nicely made*

(I do take my light off for like daytime range shooting but i added a 3 slot MOE rail so it just pops on and back off with a twist of a screw)

http://www.gggaz.com/ar-15-m4-access...ht-mounts.html

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast