Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: co-witness comp m4 on colt 6920 (front sight)

Feedback Score

co-witness comp m4 on colt 6920 (front sight)

Hello,

I recently bought a colt 6920. I would like to buy an eotech or comp m4 optic with no magnification.

Does anyone have a pic of a 6920 / carbine with front sight post and this sight? I'm just curious how critical it is that the front sight post is in the picture.

Or does anyone have any advice about this setup?

Thanks for the help.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Sorry i dont have a picture for you, but if it were me i would go with the m4. I think they are bottom third and it doesnt obstruct the aimpoint view. Throw a dd a1.5 on there and you will have a fine set up. If you want pictures thumb through the ar pic thread your bound to find one, if that doesnt work check the orange search button at the top this will guide you.
    "Courage is being scared to death ,but saddling up anyways" John wayne

NO BETTER FRIEND NO WORSE ENEMY

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    The standard mount that comes with the Comp M4 is a true co-witness mount. If you want a lower 1/3rd co-witness you need to get a spacer or go with a Larue or ADM mount. DSG arms has good package deals, as does Larue and GandR Tactical. As far as the front sight being in the way, it is not an issue, but I prefer the lower 1/3 co-witness. I run a comp M4s with an ADM mount and love it. The Comp M4 is light years better than your other optic choice.
    "You have never lived until you have almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know." - Written by an unknown soldier in Vietnam.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cylindros View Post
    The standard mount that comes with the Comp M4 is a true co-witness mount. If you want a lower 1/3rd co-witness you need to get a spacer or go with a Larue or ADM mount. DSG arms has good package deals, as does Larue and GandR Tactical. As far as the front sight being in the way, it is not an issue, but I prefer the lower 1/3 co-witness. I run a comp M4s with an ADM mount and love it. The Comp M4 is light years better than your other optic choice.
    What he said, I run a M4s on a 6920. I ordered it as a package deal from Larue with their lower 1/3 mount. I previously ran an Aimpoint ML2 in an absolute co-witness mount. I personaly much perfer the lower 1/3 mount. I have a very good picture comparing the two types of co-witnessing but it is on my other computer. Search around you should be able to find a pic. If not I'll try to get this pic uploaded.

Feedback Score

Here you go, the RDS is a T-1 but it gives you an idea of the co-witnessing. Absolute is on left, lower 1/3 on right.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    If I were you I'd try and get hands on with a friends rifle that has a setup with FSB+absolute CW. That setup would drive me crazy.
    Last edited by munch520; 08-31-11 at 09:24.

Feedback Score
    Here is a picture of my dissipator with the fsb and eotech. The co-witness is absolute.

I find the front sight poses no problem at all.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Like I said, check it out OP...it's personal preference. No one on the internets will be able to predict how you'll feel about it.

Feedback Score
    Aimpoint CompM4 comes standard with the lower-third cowitness height mount.

Definitely try to find friends or a shop where you can check out various setups.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the heads up. I might have to find a shop that has one in stock and see a setup.

Is it a bad idea to remove the front sight and put on a gas block / flip up? From my novice understanding, it seems as if these rifles are "factory tuned" and I wouldn't want to take apart the upper, but rather buy another upper.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast