Thread: Handgun transportation...through O'hare enroute to Indiana

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Handgun transportation...through O'hare enroute to Indiana

I will be flying into Chicago O'hare towards the end of the year and my friend will be picking me up and I will be staying at his place of residence in Indiana. I am a current CCW permit holder here in Mississippi and I know that Indiana honors my permit. My question is, "with me flying into O'hare would I be legally able to transport a handgun and ammo through O'hare (obviously, in my checked luggage as per airline requirements) or is there some local/state law, ordnance or regulation that would not allow me to be in possession of said firearm while in Chicago headed to Indiana?"

I do a pretty good bit of traveling here in the south via airlines as my job sometimes requires me to do so and I usually bring a handgun along with some ammo when doing so. So, I am familiar with the airlines policies. My question is aimed more at the laws of Illinois as I will obviously be flying into O'hare enroute to my final destination in Indiana.

Any help would be appreciated.
    "Of every One Hundred men, Ten shouldn't even be there, Eighty are nothing but targets, Nine are real fighters...We are lucky to have them...They make the battle, Ah, but the One, One of them is a Warrior...and He will bring the others back."-Heraclitus (circa 500 B.C.)

Feedback Score
    If you meet the airline requirements for transporting a non-loaded weapon in your checked luggage, you shouldn't have a problem. I live in IL and fly out of OHare all the time. Never had a problem transporting my handgun(s).

Al