Thread: Superior Barrels?

Feedback Score

Superior Barrels?

Looking for a .223 Wylde barrel (16-in.) for my AR project. I ran across Superior Barrels and thought they sounded nice, but just wanted some feedback from the guys who do this stuff all time. I plan on starting my Spikes Lower in the next few weeks and just looking ahead to the upper.

I did a search and found some info/opinions, but a lot of the info was years old, so I apologize for if I missed a post or something.

Feedback Score

Who makes them is

they are Lother Walther barrels also used by others ,very nice barrels .
    "It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning." -- Henry Ford ! when a nation turns on it's own and denies it's own founding culture ,this is a sign of the death pangs of a nation --- cz7

Feedback Score
    I believe they switched to Douglas Premium blanks recently.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Yup - they have several manufacturers they use - I have one of their 16" barrel built off of a Douglas blank. I am VERY pleased with the accuracy - they even guarantee sub MOA @ 100yds.

Feedback Score
    I have a 16" 'Amynta' made from a Douglas blank. Got mine in March, 2010. I've been very happy with it. Matt and John are great guys to work with, too.
    Last edited by hikeeba; 09-01-11 at 14:26.
    One doesn't need to be sick to get better.

Feedback Score
    Do they HPT/MPI their barrels?

Are they CHF?

These look like amazing barrels, considering they're very close to what I consider ''the ideal barrel''. Cold Blue is some form of nitride?

(And they make a 18/20'' rifle gas barrel. Which not many seem to do anymore.)

Would cutting a barrel like this, **** up the nitride?
    Last edited by Magic_Salad0892; 09-02-11 at 12:28.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.