Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A closer look at PSA

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    thanks for the pics, I am very close to ordering atleast one PSA upper.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by polymorpheous View Post
    What's up with those gas key fasteners?
    Ya, they look like they are rounded out (not good).

C4

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eternal24k View Post
    thanks for the pics, I am very close to ordering atleast one PSA upper.
    No problem. Hope to have the 12" in this week and get pics up. Having a few from them to compare to one another I think will shed more light on their quality consistency or inconsistency.

Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Ya, they look like they are rounded out (not good).

C4
    I went with just the stripped upper thinking that was enough uncharted territory. Glad I did.
    Last edited by munch520; 08-30-11 at 09:42.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Fasteners don't look rounded out to me....looks more like two different kinds/types to my eye.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wahoo95 View Post
    Hey give the guy a break....that ammo probably came as part of the deal with that Osprey scope.
    That's pretty funny.

But here's the real deal; I don't drink the kool-aid from any manufacturer or advocates from forums, nor am I am fan boy follower. I am an occasional shooter, not going to war anytime soon, and a slim to none chance of shooting at something over 200 yards.

I have been battling cancer for over a year, had surgery, had complications from surgery, unable to work for a period of time because of repetitive treatments and doctors visits, now able to work three days a week, so money is a factor in what I buy.

The Osprey scope fit my price and had the features, albeit few, that I needed for my purpose of aiding my sometimes tired eyes when I shoot.

I'm really sorry that I didn't wait for another year and save up more money to buy the "A or B" rated scope just to have to impress others.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Sorry for your troubles. I doubt many here buy a quality RDS to impress, but rather to be assured of its accurate and consistent function.

Back on track...
    Last edited by munch520; 08-30-11 at 10:54.

Feedback Score
    I live rather close to the PSA storefront. I went there about three week ago and inquired about the manufacturing of their LPKs. I was told that they make ALL parts in house. When I asked if they wound their own springs I was told..."well no, we don't exactly make the parts here, but they are all made in state." This is the second time I was told that they make all parts for the LPKs in house (I asked the same question to a different employee on a previous visit). Their gear may or may not be top notch. However, their inability to tell me the entire truth on two separate occasions left a bad taste in my mouth. I have and will continue to use them as a source for ammo. But I’ll let others continue the vetting process on their PSA “manufactured” product line.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lovetashoot View Post
    I live rather close to the PSA storefront. I went there about three week ago and inquired about the manufacturing of their LPKs. I was told that they make ALL parts in house. When I asked if they wound their own springs I was told..."well no, we don't exactly make the parts here, but they are all made in state." This is the second time I was told that they make all parts for the LPKs in house (I asked the same question to a different employee on a previous visit). Their gear may or may not be top notch. However, their inability to tell me the entire truth on two separate occasions left a bad taste in my mouth. I have and will continue to use them as a source for ammo. But I’ll let others continue the vetting process on their PSA “manufactured” product line.
    Good info - thanks for the insight. I'll be getting the LPK for this build from Grant so no worries on that front. Still trying to get to the bottom of whether or not the upper receiver is an FN part or comes from somewhere else. It is clearly marked with PSAs logo. But either way, the whole intention of giving this a try was to take advantage of a dirt cheap price for a FN, 4150, 1/7, etc. barrel/upper

So we'll see what gets proven out once the 12" comes in

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lovetashoot View Post
    I live rather close to the PSA storefront. I went there about three week ago and inquired about the manufacturing of their LPKs. I was told that they make ALL parts in house.
    Sorry, but this is a flat out lie. Neither Colt or FN make everything in house.

When I asked if they wound their own springs I was told..."well no, we don't exactly make the parts here, but they are all made in state." This is the second time I was told that they make all parts for the LPKs in house (I asked the same question to a different employee on a previous visit). Their gear may or may not be top notch. However, their inability to tell me the entire truth on two separate occasions left a bad taste in my mouth. I have and will continue to use them as a source for ammo. But I’ll let others continue the vetting process on their PSA “manufactured” product line.
    Integrity matters. Tell the truth.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by munch520 View Post
    Good info - thanks for the insight. I'll be getting the LPK for this build from Grant so no worries on that front. Still trying to get to the bottom of whether or not the upper receiver is an FN part or comes from somewhere else. It is clearly marked with PSAs logo. But either way, the whole intention of giving this a try was to take advantage of a dirt cheap price for a FN, 4150, 1/7, etc. barrel/upper

So we'll see what gets proven out once the 12" comes in
    Just as an FYI, GRANT DOES NOT MAKE HIS LPK's IN HOUSE.

C4

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast