Page 300 of 345 FirstFirst ... 200250290298299300301302310 ... LastLast
Results 2,991 to 3,000 of 3443

Thread: Welcome to M4C/Intro Thread

Feedback Score
    I just recently signed up. I live in Southern Maryland with all our restrictive gun laws where the only ARs legal for purchase are HBARs. Magazines greater than 10 rounds are legal to own and use but you cant buy, sell or transfer them within the state - fortunately, I'm not too far from Virginia and Pennsylvania.

I am a retired U.S. Navy Master Chief Submarine Sonarman, (E-9/STSCM(SS)) with 25 years service. Went back to work for Uncle Sam as a civilian after retirement and I also run a Chesapeake Bay charter boat and hold a USCG 50 ton ticket. I'm not a wanna-be SEAL or Cop - I just enjoy collecting and shooting guns. I am not overly particular to any specific make or model. Currently have Glock 30SF, Glock 19 - both with Streamlight TLR-1s on them, S&W 686+ .357, Beretta 92SF, Colt .44 Anaconda, Mini-14 580, RRA AR with Magpul furniture, Surefire light and an Aimpoint PRO as well as a stone stock AWB era Police Trade-In Colt 6721.

Feedback Score
    Welcome to the site. Enjoy your time here. Thank you for your service to our great nation.
    Last edited by GRA556; 01-16-17 at 07:57.
    Never forget every word you spoke when you took your oath of office.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JDR556 View Post
    Thanks for the welcome Robert. Here is a link to the build. Let me know what you think.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ired-DMR-build
    That's one helluva DM rife J. An excellent build...Excellent. I can tell you put some thought into it as well. I also like the changes. Not a fan of carbon barrels either. Looks like all your parts are good solid quality parts.
    Boy I can't wait for to build your first SBR!

Get inspired!

For me each subsequent build I did, was an improvement over the previous.
    You may have a hard time pull that off. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score

New guy

New to the forum, been lurking for a week or two. Actually joined while trying to find a deal on an optic, but seems I'm restricted in the exchange as of now. Don't currently have an AR, but have been thinking about picking one up for a while now. From what I've been told this is a good place to gather info about them.

Feedback Score
    Another Newbie here. I've been reading and learning from the M4 forums in the couple of weeks since I stumbled across the site- which seems to be a very friendly place with LOTS of good information! I did 4 years as an Army Grunt back in the early 80's, so I have a little experience with the AR-15/M-16 family of weapons- more as a shooter than an armorer type though because they didn't allow us infantry types to get too far into the small parts. I have a Century Arms A-2 clone that I bought back in 2008 or so but never shot it very much, and now I'm in the process of swapping it's original parts out for a free-float hand guard, gas block, and flat top upper and will use one of the scopes that I have on hand (at first anyways) to see how much accuracy improvement I can get out of it. I'm on a pretty tight budget, so what parts I can afford for just playing around with have to be lower end ones to start with, then if I see a definite value in upgrading I'll replace them with better quality ones. I have access to a fairly complete machine shop so whenever I feel up to it I can take on some metalworking projects, but at a VERY slow completion rate. (and with lots of help Having something to learn about and plan work for helps keep me going, and really no more than I actually get to shoot it's not necessary to have top of the line parts for just tinkering around with as long as they are functional. It's a different situation for me than those of you that depend on your weapons with your lives and this isn't my go-to home defense weapon either- just something to tinker with and see if it can be "improved". It's already looking like this A2 project will be my "gateway" drug, and before I know it by reading the posts and seeing the pictures here I'll be elbow deep in AR's in no time!

Feedback Score
    Welcome to the forum. Lots of interesting and motivating weapons and people here. Enjoy your time.
    Never forget every word you spoke when you took your oath of office.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vibrant86 View Post
    New to the forum, been lurking for a week or two. Actually joined while trying to find a deal on an optic, but seems I'm restricted in the exchange as of now. Don't currently have an AR, but have been thinking about picking one up for a while now. From what I've been told this is a good place to gather info about them.

Same with me, been watching the EE for weeks for deals and finally joined up. Currently working on my first build and love all the information on the forum.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryster88 View Post
    Same with me, been watching the EE for weeks for deals and finally joined up. Currently working on my first build and love all the information on the forum.
    Congrats on your build and welcome to M4C. Don't forget to post pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Hey y'all, was wondering why I am unable to post in EE yet? Am I missing something?
    DONT TREAD ON ME

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    New to the forum. My AR addiction isn't bad enough. Came here to make it worse.

Page 300 of 345 FirstFirst ... 200250290298299300301302310 ... LastLast