Page 123 of 345 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 3443

Thread: Welcome to M4C/Intro Thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuro Ookami View Post
    Hey m4carbine.net,

I've been shooting for about a year, and just started competing in IPSC in production with my M&P 9mm. I've been lurking for about a year now, and finally decided to sign up and start contributing.

I plan to build my first AR sometime this year, take some classes, and bring my shooting to the next level. This site is a great resource, and I look forward to contributing. Actually scratch that. It actually gives me a lot of headaches too. I'm having a hell of a time trying to figure out whether I want a 14.5" or 16" middy. Conventional wisdom tells me I start with the latter, acquiring the former as a separate upper, finances permitting, and switching them out when needed.

Here's what I got so far. Let me know what you think. Going to be used for training. My main requirements are durability, acceptable accuracy.

Upper(s): Noveske N4 16" Mid-length Lo-Pro + Battlecomp x.x / BCM 14.5 Mid-length + BC (whatever iteration suits my needs)
    Optic/Mount: Aimpoint H-1 / Comp C3
    Light: Surefire L4
    BUIS: Troy Folding Sights
    Lower: Noveske Flared Forged Lower / Spikes Tactical Pirate lower
    LPK: Some Calguns LPK from a group buy. If don't work, I'll pick up another from BCM
    Stock: CTR & H Buffer
    Compliance: Raddlock + blocked magazines.
    I take it you are from California? So am I and I would like to know what classes are you looking into taking, and where are they located. Please PM if you can provide this information and welcome.
    Last edited by bcowarriorspm; 05-12-11 at 01:03.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bcowarriorspm View Post
    I take it you are from California? So am I and I would like to know what classes are you looking into taking, and where are they located. Please PM if you can provide this information and welcome.
    Honestly I've been thinking about taking them outside of California, maybe 2-4x a year. Looking at Pat Rogers, Tigerswan, MD, Kyle Lamb, Larry Vickers.

In Cali, Nyeti from LF recommended ITTS, and I heard good things about Bill Murphy of Firearms Training Associates.

Feedback Score
    I have also thought about the outside of Cali option. I would love to take a tigerswan class. I took a couple FTA pistol classes in Cali, but nothing as far as carbine. The 10rd, and BB thing sort of takes the fun out of it. By the way sounds like you have a solid build in mind.

Feedback Score
    New to the forum, just dropping by to say hi!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

New To Forum

Hello,
    My name is Josh. I am currently undergoing the painful process of waiting for the parts to build my first AR. Pics will follow.

As far as AR experience. I served 6 years 1997-2003 in The US Army Military Police Corps. Currently I am employed as a LEO with a very large uniformed federal agency that is deployed on the border.
    Last edited by sgtjosh; 05-14-11 at 20:37. Reason: grammar
    US Army Military Police 97-03
    Federal LEO/M.R.T. 05-Present
    NRA Life Member

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
    -E. Hemingway

"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it."
    -Jack Nicholson (A Few Good Men, 1992)

Feedback Score
    Same as the rest. Just making my presence known so I don't startle anyone.

Currently issued a Colt LE M4 (6921), but in the market for one I can call my own. I have always carried what they gave me and not paid too much attention to the nuts and bolts, it's much different when the funds are coming out of my account.

I'm leaning towards an M&P or a RRA, based on reputation and cost effectiveness. Curiously enough, while reading up here and other places on the pro's and con's of each make and model, I saw that the "FA" or "M16" bolt carrier group is desired and Colt is touted as having same. Well, my issued Colt has the "half-circle" bcg with the exposed firing pin. Just an observation.

Carry on.

Feedback Score

Greetings

I am a complete AR beginner.
    Slowly trying to digest as much as possible with all the info out there.
    A friend of mine pointed me to this site and wow what a wealth of knowledge!

Thanks to everyone here for everything you folks do!

Feedback Score
    Hi I'm shawn from south jersey. I've been shooting for years but just bought my 1st ar. I went with the smith and wesson m&p-15 optics ready. I was stuck between that and the sig 516 but because I live in nj a the sig in an compliant model would have been a hassle and the s&w was readily available and seemed to have good reviews. Only thing done to my ar is flip up sights. That will change within a week.

Feedback Score
    Hey guys,

My name's Chris, I'm active duty Army. Bought a Bushmaster M4 clone to practice sending rounds downrange with when I'm stateside. I got it cheap and plan on beating the living shit out of it, so until it eventually explodes in my face I'm running it like a raped ape.

Came here for some technical knowledge, more to see about what parts need extra love on civilian-market M4s than anything else.

Thanks for having me!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Greetings

Greetings M4C! I don't know why it has taken me so long to finally become a member but here I am. A little about me...I spent 5 years in the Army as an Infantryman, the last 3 as a B4 qualified sniper. I was in Mosul, Iraq for 15 months and Amarah for 11. I got out of the Army last year and have since continued to refine my firearms skills in the competition community(mostly 3-gun). I am currently a Police Officer working in the beautiful state of Oregon. I have a great passion for firearms, both in how they work and in thier application. I look forward to learning more.

What I own:
    -Glock 36
    -Glock 34 w/17L barrel and Trijicon HD night sights
    -POF P415 11.5'' w/AAC M42k, T1, Surefire mini scout
    -Larue OBR lite 16'' w/Leupold Mk4 1.5-5x20, Deltapoint
    -FN SLP
    -Custom R700 .300 win mag:Stainless action w/fluted bolt, Lilja 26'' 3-groove barrel, Timney trigger, AICS 2.0, Leupold Mk4 ER/T 8.5-25x50 M5 turrets

Hope to be adding a 16'' BCM in the near future.

Page 123 of 345 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173223 ... LastLast