Page 264 of 345 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266274314 ... LastLast
Results 2,631 to 2,640 of 3443

Thread: Welcome to M4C/Intro Thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Welcome to the forums and thank you for serving our country during troubled times.

Shoot Before Modifying. Ammo Before Accessories. Shooting your rifle will show you what hits and what fits. But the basic trifecta of goodies for a defense carbine are weapon light, sling and quality red dot sight. Get them in the order you can find good deals.

I don't know what maintenance regimen was taught to you, but we know today that lubrication far outweighs cleanliness. I don't advocate you let your rifle become a sewer pipe before cleaning it, but a shot of lubrication will go a long way to keeping things running reliably, clean or dirty. The most important place to apply lube is through the exhaust ports of the carrier. Next important is the outside of the carrier. Use oil. To clean, run a Bore Snake through the bore wetted with your favorite bore cleaning solution, wipe down the carrier with a rag and muck out the the lower receiver now and again. Keep the sears and pivot points of the fire control group greased. Always use good mags (MagPul is your friend) and reliable ammo.

That's it in a nustshell
    Great advice. The years may have rolled by, but that's the same as VN, 68-69. As a side note, after three months in my unit, they exchanged all the bolts to chrome. They had reports of jamming, and that was what they thought was a fix all. I never had a problem, but a clean rifle in that environment was the difference between life and death.
    After 60 plus of shooting rifles, and handguns, that is still the number 1 priority.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    As far as an optic is concerned, I would recommend taking a look at the Aimpoint PRO. Sometimes, you can find these slightly used for around $340-$360. Here are two places to check.

https://www.m4carbine.net/forumdispl...mp-Mounts-(EE)

http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_7/163_O...nt___Used.html

Here is one of my 6920s with the Aimpoint PRO.

I also have one with the VORTEX Strikefire. I really like these too. Palmetto State Armory has these for $119.99. They come with a mount that allows for 1/3 co-witness.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...category/2249/

"A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by parsonbw View Post
    Thanks fellows for the quick replies. Looking forward to a LOT of reading,.
    Fixed it for you.
    NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member
    Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.
    Common sense is only right wing if you are too far to the left.
    A pistol without a round chambered is an intricate paperweight.
    Stop trying so hard to be offended.

Feedback Score
    I've been a member here for about 2 months just thought I'd say hi to everyone. My wife just finished building her first 80% AR. I made her do all milling and the rest of the build herself.
    She will be starting her second build in the next 2 weeks. It will be a .300 Blackout AR.
    Last edited by crf450rr; 03-29-15 at 10:08.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Welcome

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by crf450rr View Post
    I've been a member here for about 2 months just thought I'd say hi to everyone. My wife just finished building her first 80% AR. I made her do all milling and the rest of the build herself.
    She will be starting her second build in the next 2 weeks. It will be a .300 Blackout AR.
    Welcome. Sounds like you definitely have a keeper. Congrats.
    NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member
    Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.
    Common sense is only right wing if you are too far to the left.
    A pistol without a round chambered is an intricate paperweight.
    Stop trying so hard to be offended.

Feedback Score
    Hi All, new guy here in Davenport, Fl., sincerely looking forward to learning and sharing what I can.

Thank You!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    New here from Mccalla, Alabama

Glad to finally be a part of the forum after waiting nearly a month to be added in. Here's my rifle on the left and a friends to the right.

Feedback Score
    New guy from Nebraska here. Thanks for letting me join your club, I've learned a lot just reading the posts. Let me introduce myself, I'm retired Air Force '93 (E7 First Sgt), served in the first Gulf War and was stationed in Bahrain. The career field was Carpenter/Mason, btw.

Been married going on 29 years, and retired a couple of years ago from the IT field. Was a Network Administrator/Network Engineer.

Also a proud owner of a DDM4v1 in 556 and a 7.62 DPMS lower with AR Stoner upper and BCG. Like the AKs and SKSs, even though they are not the quality of the AR's, but they sure do get the job done when needed. They go bang every time. Do like the handguns also.

Besides firearms, do like to get on the lake and do some Bass fishing and piddle in the garage or just relax on the deck and watch the world go by. Also like to cook and bake, as my waistline will attest.

Thanks again for letting me join the group, I don't post that often, but like to read your experiences. For me, that's where the learning is.

Have a great day.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceGFL View Post
    Hi All, new guy here in Davenport, Fl., sincerely looking forward to learning and sharing what I can.

Thank You!
    Join date 2010 and first post? Anyway, welcome brother. God Bless the Gunshine state.

Page 264 of 345 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266274314 ... LastLast