Page 265 of 345 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267275315 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,650 of 3443

Thread: Welcome to M4C/Intro Thread

Feedback Score
    Nice looking rifles in the photo. Welcome to all you new guys.
    NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member
    Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.
    Common sense is only right wing if you are too far to the left.
    A pistol without a round chambered is an intricate paperweight.
    Stop trying so hard to be offended.

Feedback Score
    Howdy, folks! Just got approved and thought I'd introduce myself. I'm a life-long hunter, plinker, target shooter, and competitive marksman who has been out of the game for a while due to Real Life™ issues. I've been retired on disability for several years. I'm a Native Texan currently "living" in Commiefornia and desperately seeking a way out. My wife and I have been married for 15 years. We had one daughter, Tara, who only stayed with us for just over an hour before returning to live with her Heavenly Father. Our current children are our three cats and two dogs.

Recently I decided it's time to get back into things by building myself an AR platform. So far I'm still in the "gee, look at all the neat toys!" stage of deciding exactly what I want to build. My goal initially is a rifle for home/self defense/SHTF that can also be used for casual target shooting. If it could serve for the occasional hog and/or deer hunt (where 5.56/.223 are legal) that would be nice. I'm trying to keep the build as inexpensive as possible - SSDI doesn't leave a lot of extra for hobbies, dang it! I'm not a stranger to the AR platform but it has been a while since I last owned one, that being a Colt Match H-BAR of pre-Clintonian origin.

Politically I'm as conservative as they come, if not more so. I'm also stubborn, pig-headed, opinionated, and one of the easiest people to get along with you could ask for. Well, sometimes at least. On other occasions I can be a bit prickly. Then again, who doesn't have those days, right? I'm a Life Member of the NRA (working on Endowment), Life Member of the Texas State Rifle Association, and a member of the California Rifle and Pistol Association. In the past I have worked grass-roots level in support of the Second Amendment, and have helped put on Friends of NRA dinners.

Anyway, thanks for accepting me into the community!
    Last edited by Tarasdad; 03-31-15 at 23:02.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarasdad View Post
    Howdy, folks! Just got approved and thought I'd introduce myself. I'm a life-long hunter, plinker, target shooter, and competitive marksman who has been out of the game for a while due to Real Life™ issues. I've been retired on disability for several years. I'm a Native Texan currently "living" in Commiefornia and desperately seeking a way out. My wife and I have been married for 15 years. We had one daughter, Tara, who only stayed with us for just over an hour before returning to live with her Heavenly Father. Our current children are our three cats and two dogs.

Recently I decided it's time to get back into things by building myself an AR platform. So far I'm still in the "gee, look at all the neat toys!" stage of deciding exactly what I want to build. My goal initially is a rifle for home/self defense/SHTF that can also be used for casual target shooting. If it could serve for the occasional hog and/or deer hunt (where 5.56/.223 are legal) that would be nice. I'm trying to keep the build as inexpensive as possible - SSDI doesn't leave a lot of extra for hobbies, dang it! I'm not a stranger to the AR platform but it has been a while since I last owned one, that being a Colt Match H-BAR of pre-Clintonian origin.

Politically I'm as conservative as they come, if not more so. I'm also stubborn, pig-headed, opinionated, and one of the easiest people to get along with you could ask for. Well, sometimes at least. On other occasions I can be a bit prickly. Then again, who doesn't have those days, right? I'm a Life Member of the NRA (working on Endowment), Life Member of the Texas State Rifle Association, and a member of the California Rifle and Pistol Association. In the past I have worked grass-roots level in support of the Second Amendment, and have helped put on Friends of NRA dinners.

Anyway, thanks for accepting me into the community!
    Great introduction brother. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife for the short time you had with Tara. I know you look forward to the day you will see her again, and I know as well as you that oh what a glorious day it will be.

Enjoy your time here, and it's great to have you.

Feedback Score
    Whats going on everyone, Im coming over from AR15.com since I was permaban over a misunderstanding. Just wanted to pop in here and say hello to help get my post count up so I can start buying and selling since thats all I ever did over at AR15.com besides the one post I made that got me ban in the general forum.

Feedback Score

Hello everyone

I'm a new member to this forum, wanted to say Hello to all. I'm a 6 year peace officer in texas, so I've had quite a bit of AR trigger time. I'm by no means an expert but I would be more than glad to chip in my two cents from time to time. Also I need to ask how does one get access to the LEO section, who do I need to talk to for access.

Feedback Score
    Welcome and good luck with your AR build and your escape from CA. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss but glad to hear your description of it, knowing she's in paradise. Take care.

Feedback Score
    Welcome. Sorry about your ban. Not sure what can cause a ban around here but hopefully you won't have any trouble here.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fbmbirds View Post
    Whats going on everyone, Im coming over from AR15.com since I was permaban over a misunderstanding. Just wanted to pop in here and say hello to help get my post count up so I can start buying and selling since thats all I ever did over at AR15.com besides the one post I made that got me ban in the general forum.
    And it's not a good idea at all to run up your post count here, just so you can sell items on the EE. That's commonly referred to as post-whoring, and is not looked upon kindly.

So a series of posts like "Nice AR" or other one-liners to drive up post count is not recommended.

I'm not ripping you a new one, I'm just helping you along the Path of Righteousness.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    And it's not a good idea at all to run up your post count here, just so you can sell items on the EE. That's commonly referred to as post-whoring, and is not looked upon kindly.

So a series of posts like "Nice AR" or other one-liners to drive up post count is not recommended.

I'm not ripping you a new one, I'm just helping you along the Path of Righteousness.

I can completely respect that. I do remember commenting something about a Nice AR but that was because it was a nice ar lol. but on a serious note I have no intentions of "post-whoring"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDB View Post
    Welcome and good luck with your AR build and your escape from CA. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss but glad to hear your description of it, knowing she's in paradise. Take care.
    I understand how it must be to be a native Texan living in California. I would get out as soon as possible.

Page 265 of 345 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267275315 ... LastLast