Page 277 of 345 FirstFirst ... 177227267275276277278279287327 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,770 of 3443

Thread: Welcome to M4C/Intro Thread

Feedback Score
    Hello All,

I've been lurking here for a long time, figured it's about time to join in all of the fun discussions.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Howdy!

I've already posted in the custom build, visited the E&E and bought a little good their (a VTAC rail) and have tried to contribute where I can. I joined the forum when I first started thinking about custom building an AR, so I read a lot in the beginning. Then I sorta got busy with life and didn't visit much. Well one of my resolutions was to develop relationships and I thought, well maybe I'll make some friends in M4C. So here I am! I born and raised in East Texas where I hung sheetrock and was a logger. Joined the Army when I was 19, spent 15 years leading and being led (3 yrs a gun bunny, 12+ yrs in MI), ETS'd at an SFC and some how ended up consulting for a software company. Don't ask me how because I'm not sure how I went from logger to consultant, but it works. I have one AR that I built with A LOT of help from DocSherm and and my friend Peter (elpotro) I'm working on my 2nd AR now (still with a lot of help from DocSherm!) I have a G26 and a G19 and a BPS 12 gauge. My dream build will be to build an SR25. I am just a fan. I've also thought about the 6.8 or 6.5, the ballistics on those rounds are no joke at all. I'm just hesitant to go that route due to ammo pricing and availability.
    I have learned more in this forum than I have any other forum ever. I'm so grateful for that and in the end, I hope I can pass along some of that knowledge that has been so freely passed to me to other NUGS.

God bless the Republic of Texas and the USA!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Welcome, RobertTheTexan and others. There really is a wealth of information here, and some great people.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Howdy to all. I'm a long time lurker currently living in Wyoming. This has been my go-to site for AR information for a few years, but I recently started visiting regularly to keep up with the new threads. Thanks to everyone for this fantastic resource.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Novak View Post
    Howdy to all. I'm a long time lurker currently living in Wyoming. This has been my go-to site for AR information for a few years, but I recently started visiting regularly to keep up with the new threads. Thanks to everyone for this fantastic resource.
    Welcome, Novak. Glad to have you aboard. Echoing what other long-time members have set out above, this community is an information goldmine. If you have what you feel is a basic question, chances are it has been answered in detailed fashion (just a friendly reminder to utilize the search function, as that tool continues to prove useful to me to this day).

Every time I log in, I learn something new/useful.

Enjoy the board in good health!

Feedback Score
    New guy here in WA state. I am mostly into building FALs, but I've branched out lately. Got a couple of ARs now since parts are so cheap. I want to try my hand at building an AR complete, I'm thinking it can't be too difficult? Anyway, just wanted to say hi and I'm happy to be here!

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiorina View Post
    New guy here in WA state. I am mostly into building FALs, but I've branched out lately. Got a couple of ARs now since parts are so cheap. I want to try my hand at building an AR complete, I'm thinking it can't be too difficult? Anyway, just wanted to say hi and I'm happy to be here!
    Welcome to M4C Fiorina. I can tell you that there are a great group of people here and there is probably more information regarding AR's and weapons in general within the pages of this forum than any other place. If you have any questions, I recommend searching the forum, and if you can't find it - ask. You will get an answer, probably more than one.

Good to have you -

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the welcome!

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Novak View Post
    How is Wyoming these days? Last time I drove through I was on my way from Montana to Ft. Hood. It' was quite a drive, but it was sure beautiful country up there. Had a very successful vacation back then of helping reduce the gopher/prairie dog population on some of the ranches in the area, near Shelby, Montana.

Welcome to the forum, it's a great site!
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Good day from Kentucky,

I, like many others, have been a lurker here for quite some time. I have thought about joining the conversation before but someone seemed to always beat me to the punch and say what I was thinking before I hit "reply to thread." I'm also a big fan of the search function.

Page 277 of 345 FirstFirst ... 177227267275276277278279287327 ... LastLast