Page 283 of 345 FirstFirst ... 183233273281282283284285293333 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,830 of 3443

Thread: Welcome to M4C/Intro Thread

Feedback Score
    RobertTheTexan: issues were the magwells not centered leaving one side weak, one instance of it cracking, magazine not dropping free and problems with some mags not working. Don't recall which ones. holes not lined up and to tight with folks having to ream them out to enlarge them. Was enough to make me not sure of their QC. Kind of bothered me that manufacturing arms is not their primary business, but was an offshoot of their machining business. I don't remember if that post was at this site or over at ar15.com. Also I sent an email from their web site and never got a response. That Didn't sit well with me either, indication of their customer service in my mind. Too bad because I read up on the rf85 treatment and I really found it desirable.

Edit: here is a thread about their lowers and fitment issues
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...cturing-Lowers
    Last edited by Copspop; 02-21-16 at 23:53. Reason: Add link

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Thanks for posting the thread link. I think if you're concerned, you have several good options that you can take. Most folks I think go with the Anderson lowers because they are, to coin a pun, "cheaper than dirt" and for the most part have worked, and worked well. But certainly there are other more preemies out there you can go with. Good luck on your build!
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Are they having production issues? Everything with RF85 is out of stock and the same for uppers with the ext forearm? Has been that way for a while now.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Copspop View Post
    Are they having production issues? Everything with RF85 is out of stock and the same for uppers with the ext forearm? Has been that way for a while now.
    They could be but I've seen issues with parts availability across the board. Well there seem to be a supply of the over the top expensive uppers and lowers, but in the low to mid priced market, there seems to be a shortage. I've emailed Anderson a couple of weeks back and the guy told me that its been another buying craze (thanks to POTUS). Hopefully we'll have good results in November, things will stabilize. If not, then I don't know what we'll do.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Yes, the political climate is what tipped it for me.I can not for the life of me figure why somebody that is so blatantly lying, deceiving, self entitled and also said to b having health issues can be so popular. Whatever happened to ethics and morals? Australian type gun control my a**. Yep, 80% lowers, cash sales whenever possible. Is it to late for the south to secede?

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthropic91 View Post
    New guy. Picked up my first AR a couple weeks back. FNH Military Collector M16. Put on a Vortex Sparc II red dot and a Vortex 3x magnifier behind itAttachment 37896Attachment 37897
    Welcome to the forum Lycan. That's a nice M16, I definitely remember eating, sleeping and .... With one of those. I was a happy cat when we went to the M4 easier PT. lol
    Also how are you enjoying you optics? Over the weekend I watched a torture test on the Sparc 2. They burned it, beat it against a tree, shot it, submerged it, and pretty much did everything that you would not want to do to any optic. At one point after shooting it a few times t stopped working but they were able to use a 556 brass to close a circuit in the wiring and it started working again. It was after they put it in the microwave that it finally gave up the ghost. Still folks will pass on it, but I personally think for the price you just can't beat and I'm thinking of picking up one just for a backup.
    How do you like the magnifier? How's the eye relief? I also was checking out your magnifier mount. Who makes that one?
    ~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Copspop View Post
    Yes, the political climate is what tipped it for me.I can not for the life of me figure why somebody that is so blatantly lying, deceiving, self entitled and also said to b having health issues can be so popular. Whatever happened to ethics and morals? Australian type gun control my a**. Yep, 80% lowers, cash sales whenever possible. Is it to late for the south to secede?
    That's the point I've tried to make to a few of my friends. It's a point many ignore unfortunately because to some people $$$ is apparently the only problem we have in our country. I personally believe it runs much deeper. Symptoms are not root problems, they are symptoms. But anyway let me get off the soapbox.
    I think you are making a wise move. I've considered purchasing a Harbor Freights mill. I used one once already and another gal on the forum has done a few with her 10 yr old Harbor Freights mill. It would be worth the $300+ bucks to be able to mill my own 556 and 308 lowers.
    Also since you mentioned it, I bought some stuff on the Equipment Exchange thread. There you can transact in cash or Paypal which is still pretty off-grid since it's a person and not a LGS. If your open to that, plus I got a fantastic deal on a rail and a sling attachment... But I've seen everything from barrels to brakes.. Just an idea.
    ~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

chiefkeff Guest
    i really do think they do

Feedback Score

New guy

New member from Louisiana. Took an early retirement from manufacturing in 2010 and went to a local sporting goods store in 2013. Took medical retirement recently. Purchased my first AR a few months ago, Colt 6920, EOTech optic. I've lurked around this forum for a while and decided to join a couple of weeks ago. Looks like this is the premier forum on AR platform firearms. I hope I'll be able to contribute in the future.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What's up guys?!

Page 283 of 345 FirstFirst ... 183233273281282283284285293333 ... LastLast