Page 294 of 345 FirstFirst ... 194244284292293294295296304344 ... LastLast
Results 2,931 to 2,940 of 3443

Thread: Welcome to M4C/Intro Thread

Feedback Score
    Hello from the Bluegrass state! New to the AR platform but already have a few in the safe. FN15 tactical 16" w/ MRO, FN15 DMR w/ ACOG, and Daniel Defense M4V5s. Lots to learn.

Feedback Score
    Welcome. Seems you already have good taste.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AppalachianThunder View Post
    Welcome. Seems you already have good taste.
    Thank you. A lot of research and talking to experienced shooters helped. Wanted to start with quality rifles so as to not deal with unreliable parts. It's a plus to buy ones that already have quality triggers and other components lesser brands would need upgraded.

Been a handgun shooter for quite a while and been having a great time behind these rifles.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Theglockguy View Post
    Hello from the Bluegrass state! New to the AR platform but already have a few in the safe. FN15 tactical 16" w/ MRO, FN15 DMR w/ ACOG, and Daniel Defense M4V5s. Lots to learn.

Very nice rifles for sure!

Welcome to the community!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

Welcome from Gulf Coast Texas. Nice gun. Enjoy the site.
    Never forget every word you spoke when you took your oath of office.

Feedback Score

Hola Amigos!

Hey fellas, I made an account a while ago and finally got around to saying hello!

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyandzombie View Post
    Hey fellas, I made an account a while ago and finally got around to saying hello!
    Well it took you long enough for crying out loud!

Welcome to M4C KaZ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Welcome to M4C/Intro Thread

Thank you. A lot of research and talking to experienced shooters helped. Wanted to start with quality rifles so as to not deal with unreliable parts. It's a plus to buy ones that already have quality triggers and other components lesser brands would need upgraded.

Been a handgun shooter for quite a while and been having a great time behind these rifles.
    That comes with a Timney right?
    I've never bought a complete AR before, not even a complete or partially completed lower or upper. I really enjoy the build process as much as I do shooting. Well almost as much... Lol
    But it is a high quality rifle. With those specs- the CHF 18"barrel and the Timney comp trigger are you planning on keeping the ACOG on there or making it into an SPR?

Last edited by RobertTheTexan; 10-25-16 at 22:50.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Just saying high from the South. My username is the color of my all numbers matching 1969 Z/28.
    I am ex infantry ARMY, and have yet to buy an AR yet. I'm here to learn and get opinions on which brand suits me, or, if I want to build one.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HuggerOrange View Post
    Just saying high from the South. My username is the color of my all numbers matching 1969 Z/28.
    I am ex infantry ARMY, and have yet to buy an AR yet. I'm here to learn and get opinions on which brand suits me, or, if I want to build one.
    Welcome Hugger. You only need one opinion though. Mine.

Build it.

See how easy that was? Shoot that's half the battle!! As Gi Joe would say.
    Just kidding!!
    Welcome to M4C, glad to have you. Appreciate your service also brother. Was a gun bunny myself, for some yrs. then got smart and re-upped into...**************
    Seriously though, there are pros and cons to both approaches. I have never purchased an AR, fully built... Or even partially built. I've built all of mine from stripped receivers up, with [em]A LOT of help from my friends. [/em] Some will say from an "investment" perspective it makes more sense to buy a quality brand AR and that from a resell and support perspective it probably makes sense to buy that DD or Rainier. But I will tell you in all earnestness that putting a build sheet together, finding the deals and getting the parts, going through the build itself, then hitting the range to test fire/zero the weapon Is one of the most satisfying experiences I've had as a hobby. (Not counting knockin' boots.)
    Sure I would love to buy a LaRue OBR. Dreamland, but I just enjoy the control I have over every single component that I use. I also gained so much more knowledge building than if I would have bought a complete rifle.
    My good friend told me that once - "Robert, building an AR is not a science, it's an art." and that's stuck with me ever since. Well you didn't really ask, but there's my opinion. Lol

Either path you take, good luck and you're in the right spot, there are so many folks here with so much knowledge, so have fun!

~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Page 294 of 345 FirstFirst ... 194244284292293294295296304344 ... LastLast