Page 295 of 345 FirstFirst ... 195245285293294295296297305 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,950 of 3443

Thread: Welcome to M4C/Intro Thread

Feedback Score
    I would like to introduce myself my name is Ryan I am new to this site.
    I am the owner of Goliath Armament LLC
    I am not new to firearms I have 11 years LEO experience and just recently decided that I want my dream of
    owning a shop/ manufacture to be a reality. I still have my day job while I get my business going. I understand that I cannot sell items or promote my site that is fine maybe if someone can point me in the right direction as to who I need to talk to that would be great.
    I saw there is an option to be a site sponsor is that what I have to do or is there more to it? any information regarding being able to promote would be great.
    anyway its nice to be a part of the community here and I look forward to chatting with you all.

Feedback Score
    Hi everyone. I'm from South Africa and enjoy shooting anything that burns powder. Recently purchased my first AR, a LE6920, and have slowly been kitting it out. Looking forward to seeing all your photos showing me parts, accessories and rifles we could never even hope to own in SA...

Getting a firearm license involves a pile of paperwork, a bunch of cash and a truckload of patience...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger-RSA View Post
    Hi everyone. I'm from South Africa and enjoy shooting anything that burns powder. Recently purchased my first AR, a LE6920, and have slowly been kitting it out. Looking forward to seeing all your photos showing me parts, accessories and rifles we could never even hope to own in SA...

Getting a firearm license involves a pile of paperwork, a bunch of cash and a truckload of patience...
    Welcome to the website. Hope you enjoy your time here and find what you're looking for. With an LE6920 you're off to a great start.
    Never forget every word you spoke when you took your oath of office.

Feedback Score
    Hi everybody,

What a day for coincidence. I am also from South Africa. I have been a firearms enthusiast for sometime now, and own a few handguns, rifles and a shotgun. I have had an interest in the AR platform but have only recently purchased my first AR, which also happens to be a Colt LE 6920. I will have to wait a bit before I take possession, as the licensing process is tedious and time consuming as indicated by Ranger-SA above. I am inexperienced with the platform, and will therefore be seeking lots of advice.

@Ranger-SA. From the sound of it, your license is approved, and if not, good luck. I hope that it will be finalized soon. Enjoy
    Last edited by M4.; 10-28-16 at 08:46. Reason: spelling

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger-RSA View Post

Ranger - welcome to M4C. My son's godparents are from SA. One from Johannesburg and one for Capetown. I find it borderline insanity that you guys in RSA face so much red tape in securing a firearm, considering the crime rate in Joburg or C-town. Can you you procure through other means - privately for example?
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by M4. View Post
    Hi everybody,

What a day for coincidence. I am also from South Africa. I have been a firearms enthusiast for sometime now, and own a few handguns, rifles and a shotgun. I have had an interest in the AR platform but have only recently purchased my first AR, which also happens to be a Colt LE 6920. I will have to wait a bit before I take possession, as the licensing process is tedious and time consuming as indicated by Ranger-SA above. I am inexperienced with the platform, and will therefore be seeking lots of advice.

@Ranger-SA. From the sound of it, your license is approved, and if not, good luck. I hope that it will be finalized soon. Enjoy
    M4, no I'm still waiting for my license. I've gone DSS for SAPSA/IPSC. Also a member of SAHunters as DH and DSS. Luckily I can shoot it at club shoots when the dealer brings it with so I have been adding odds and ends. Once it's home with me I can complete it.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Ranger - welcome to M4C. My son's godparents are from SA. One from Johannesburg and one for Capetown. I find it borderline insanity that you guys in RSA face so much red tape in securing a firearm, considering the crime rate in Joburg or C-town. Can you you procure through other means - privately for example?
    Thanks RobertTheTexan, yes, 99.9% of the legal gun owners are of no threat to the public but we're the most persecuted, as is the case globally I suppose. I can only assume the government is scared what might happen should they try steal what they haven't stolen yet (land, pensions etc). I'm lucky that I don't live in a city and violent crime is very low in my area. Unlicensed, illegal (use whatever term you like) firearms are (apparently) easily available on every street corner. Mostly handguns and semi- or fully automatic rifles sourced from previous "struggles" and civil wars in Africa (RSA included) as well as a large portion stolen from or "sold" by corrupt law enforcement and military. Yes privately owned firearms are also stolen and used in crimes but VERY FEW private persons are able to own fully automatic rifles which are very often used in armed robberies. MANY hoops need to be jumped through and re-jumped through by a small % of collectors to be able to own them and those collectors then legally have to store them in an unoperable state.

Licensing wise we can buy privately or from a retailer but in both cases there is a licensing process that needs to be followed. If you have already completed the competancy training and received your approval from the police (for private use there are 4 categories, handgun, manually operated rifle, semi-auto rifle, shotgun) you then purchase a firearm, it remains at the store until your application process has been completed. It is legally supposed to be completed within 90 working days and after that you then have to wait to collect the printed license card. Just the printing can take a few months more if you're unlucky. There are guys that have only waited a few weeks for the entire process but all of mine have been between 2 - 4 months for the entire process. My AR application has now been in for just over 2 months. There are quite a few requirements that you have to comply with before being able to be approved such as a safe manufactured to specification and mounted to spec as well. For semi-auto rifles and shotguns you have to have completed additional training (either a Dedicated Hunting course or a Dedicated Sports Shooting Course) and need to qualify each year to keep those qualifications. That's just a very basic version of the whole system and a lot of it makes absolutely no sense at all but the left are trying to make it harder and harder to legally own a firearm. Nevermind the fact that depending on the license type, it could be valid from 2 - 10 years whereafter you have to reapply. For each firearm you have to plead your case as to why you NEED that specific firearm (caliber etc). Wanting one is not a good enough reason apparently...
    Last edited by Ranger-RSA; 10-29-16 at 05:04.

Feedback Score
    Hello I`m from Maryland and new to shooting but so far I really enjoy it.I am also avid fisherman.I own 3 weapons a Mossberg 500 12ga shotgun,Glock 19 and a Colt 6721 AR.The reason for the 6721 is Maryland law requires H-BAR`s only.I`m in the process of joining some local gun clubs to get some training and improving my marksmanship.Prior to purchasing this AR the last time I was firing a rifle was in 1962 as a 19 yo GI firing the M1 Garand.

Feedback Score
    Hello all, from Arizona! I first got into shooting with competition precision air rifle back in high school JROTC. Now in the process of building my first AR (BCM/Spikes), and getting a KISS kit together for training purposes. Heard this forum has some of the best advice out there. Look forward to learning from some of you guys.

Feedback Score
    Want to introduce myself as well. 25 years in U.S. Army P.I.R out of Bragg. When they asked me at twenty two, "do you want to jump out of airplanes, son?" I never thought about making it to 51 years of age. I have partied in just about every M.E. toilet we have been in and am now raising a youngster, young wife helps, but I must say warfare is much easier than child rearing. I now consult to DoD and enjoy what I do.
    Unfortunately we live in Chicago, downtown and it is crazy here. The paperwork required to obtain a weapon is like signing for a mortgage. This only counts if you are a law abiding citizen. Dude can walk down the street with an AK, but I cannot legally keep my Barrett Rec 7 in my home. I have easy access to it just in case, but there is enough in my house that I feel that my family is secure.
    My kid now out shoots me. Must be an eyesight thing.
    Currently holding:
    Remington 870 H/D built by JD McGuire at AI&P Tactical
    Wilson Combat Professional .45 ACP, heavy melt job, night sites,
    Sig Sauers of many flavors:
    P239 in 9mm EDC
    P229 in 9mm for fun and some carry
    P227 in .45 for HD.
    Browning X-Bolt Stainless Stalker in .223 with Nikon optic
    Barrett Rec 7 DI with Aimpoint T2 Red Dot on top of LaRue mount with 1/3rd co-witness zeroed to 100 yards.
    I have been a shooter all of my life and look forward to sharing any information or help I may be able to.

Feedback Score
    Howdy from Texas. I hate to get the age out there but I've enjoyed shooting and hunting for 5-1/2 decades so I'm not new at it. I'm looking forward to learning something new from everyone and it looks to be a great site to be on. God Bless.
    TexGuy

Page 295 of 345 FirstFirst ... 195245285293294295296297305 ... LastLast