Page 317 of 345 FirstFirst ... 217267307315316317318319327 ... LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,170 of 3443

Thread: Welcome to M4C/Intro Thread

Feedback Score
    Hello from NC. Definitely not new to guns, but VERY new to the AR platform. Had a complete lower for two and a half years before completing it a couple weeks ago in 223 wylde. Now I have 2 more lowers and am currently going 6.5 Grendel with the next. I think I'm in trouble. LOL

Feedback Score
    Hello, originally from CA now living in VA. Being from CA I have not been around guns for very long, here to learn as much as possible from knowledgeable people . Working on a few projects and look forward to showing off the end results when I'm finished.

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy-Metal View Post
    Hello, originally from CA now living in VA. Being from CA I have not been around guns for very long, here to learn as much as possible from knowledgeable people . Working on a few projects and look forward to showing off the end results when I'm finished.
    welcome to M4C and congratulations on moving to VA. Wise choice. What projects you working on?

Feedback Score
    Thanks, I've been here for a few years now and dont miss CA one bit. Well I have my hd 11.5 sionics pistol, a 11.5 colt hrt I want to sbr and eventually suppress, a pws mk116 and a bhw 16" middy . Kinda went over board a bit but I love it. I have to admit I've been a lurker for a bit and most of my purchases come from people's advice on these boards.

Feedback Score
    Hello from WV. Been a member for almost four years now but haven't posted. There's always good information on this forum.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Hello from the Northeast
    Looking forward to being part of this community

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Well, Y'all.. I have to say... I love how y'all treat the new guy. The direction, attention to detail.. the warm and inviting demeanor is inspiring. Just the kind of community I've always wanted to join :-)

Today, 14:20
    JSantoro replied to a thread Can't post general wihtout 200 posts but... in AR General Discussion
    If you don’t meet GD’s minimum posting requirement, it’s not justification to drag a GD-type post into the technical subforums.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SigSour View Post
    Well, Y'all.. I have to say... I love how y'all treat the new guy. The direction, attention to detail.. the warm and inviting demeanor is inspiring. Just the kind of community I've always wanted to join :-)

JSantoro replied to a thread Can't post general wihtout 200 posts but... in AR General Discussion
    If you don’t meet GD’s minimum posting requirement, it’s not justification to drag a GD-type post into the technical subforums.
    Oh, well. Pull up those big boy pants and you'll be OK and JSantoro is, actually, one of the good guys.
    Oops! Almost forgot! Welcome!

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Not sure if that’s sarcasm...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

It is done to weed out spammers and other miscreants. If you want generic posting in the GENERAL forum, you have to wait for 200 posts in other sections. If you can't do that, you aren't worth the time or effort to post in the general forum. The GENERAL AR15 DISCUSSION FORUM, is for generic talk about the AR15, not generic talk in general. The difference between the 2 section is pretty huge, as one talks about weapons and one talks about mundane items which are not AR15 specific.

There are plenty of boards that are only looking for traffic so they can gouge their sponsors, this board isn't one of them. There are other boards which brag about being the "biggest" or "largest", and in doing so they charge tens of thousands of dollars to each dealer who is then allowed to post in a section of their own. Weapon knowledge isn't a focal point on those boards, and moderators don't care if you post blatant untruths or lies. Here it is different. A poster here who posts BS enough times will eventually be weeded out. There is a reason credible people post here.

It is my feeling that if you can't post enough about weapons to make the cut, you probably aren't a weapon oriented person, which is what this board is looking for. Spammers, liberals, and those who hate the second amendment can't make the minimum amount of posts to get into the general section and try to stir up trouble. This keeps the board a much much cleaner place.

I'll gladly point out that I'm not a moderator, but I've been posting on firearm boards since 1999, and the "200 posts" ends up being a credible way to weed out trouble makers. Sure, guys who like to lurk have issues with the postings, and I can understand that. However, I think most lurkers understand it is nothing personal.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 317 of 345 FirstFirst ... 217267307315316317318319327 ... LastLast