Hello gentlemen. I'm new to the forum so I'll quickly introduce myself. I am a history professor and long time gun enthusiast. I'm proud to bear the "Washington" name as my handle on this website, I will use it in good health rest assured. I have spent a lot of time reading on your forums and have not found the answers to my questions so I figured I would ask directly.

Anyway, onto business. I have quite a collection of AR-15/M4 rifles that I have amassed over the years. I have taken about a dozen tactical operator classes from a local training agency. I've become fairly confident in my ability to shoot a plethora of rifles under most conditions (other than of course being shot at lol).

It is my nature to always be prepared, and in the event of a SHTF scenario such as: financial meltdown resulting in mass riots/looting, foreign military invasion, or even armed domestic insurrection I need to know some things.

Here are my questions numbered for ease of viewing:

1. What AR15/M4 platform/brand/model would be the most durable, reliable, and trustworthy in times of absolute life and death. I have quite a large budget, so money is no option. Considerations here include ability to sustain heavy amounts of ammunition being thrown downrange without MINIMIZED chance of major mechanical malfunction or damage, as well as being practical for part interchangeability in case of the need to scavenge (HK416 is out of the question for this reason).

2. What part(s) would you recommend to have on hand besides the usual cleaning tools, extra magazines/ammo, mag lula, and various optics? I currently have 2 Bushnell trophy red dots, and a cheapo holographic that I don't much care for. Any other suggestions for extra equipment to have? (Different optics, bolts, firing pins, etc)

3. Should I decide to keep a 7.62x39 on hand for ammo scavenging purposes, what would be the MOST reliable and user-friendly rifle of this type? I am new to the AK platform, so I will need good suggestions here. Furthermore, what parts/accessories for this would be advantageous?

Lastly, I was considering buying a Stag Arms ST2T Plus Package and mounting an EOTECH 512 on top to co-witness the midwest rear flip sight w/ standard front post. Is this a good rifle for the purposes I illustrated above? Furthermore will the EOTECH 512 cowitness the stock sights properly?

Sorry for this excessively long post, but I figured this is the best place to come for advice. I appreciate it guys, I really do.

Take care!

-JW