Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 44

Thread: Huldra Arms Mark IV Tactical Elite

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    55
    Feedback Score
    0

    Huldra Arms Mark IV Tactical Elite

    I put some rounds down range with my Huldra Tac Elite yesterday at Camp Ripley in MN. My department went down there to shoot on the standard m16/m4 qualification range. I zeroed my Aimpoint m68 CCO at 50m before we went down there. I had no problems hitting the
    300m targets I was able to hit 40 out of 40(not a real challenge IMO) on my 2nd try. 37 on the first one.

    Today I was on my own range shooting the Tac Elite and was able to hit the "terrorist" head(5 in steel plate swings from shoulder to shoulder) on my hostage target at 100m quite easily.

    I was somewhat skeptical before I got this piston gun but it is performing just as well as my LMT.

    This is a well built rifle and accurate. I haven't put it on paper at 100m yet but I plan to in the next couple weeks.

    Only 500rds through it as of now but will have another 500 down range by next week and another 2000 by end of the first week of October as I will be running it through a 3 day carbine course.

    Just thought I would post this as the Huldra line is very new and wanted to put some info out there.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Somewhere...
    Posts
    1,251
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    No offense, but 500 rounds isn't really enough to "put some info out there," especially since you haven't even shot it to see what kind of a group you can get with it.


    When the rifle has over 5000 rounds through it, I'll be interested in a "review" at that time.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    55
    Feedback Score
    0
    You're right 500 rds isnt much. We do have one with over 4000 rds through it. That model is the 5.45. No lube and no cleaning. Right around the 4000 rd count is when it first had a hiccup. I'd say that says something! I don't want to turn this into a pissing match. Just getting some info out there on the gun is all! No I'm not one of those guys who only put 500 rds or less down range a year. I do average about 7000 per year. Yes I know that probaly isn't much either.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    397
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSierra View Post
    No offense, but 500 rounds isn't really enough to "put some info out there," especially since you haven't even shot it to see what kind of a group you can get with it.


    When the rifle has over 5000 rounds through it, I'll be interested in a "review" at that time.
    Get the **** over yourself man.
    There is a fight, that began before any of us were ever born. It will continue, long after we have retired, moved on, and left this world. It is a fight for the soccer mom next door, your mailman, the guy that bags your groceries, and most importantly, it is a fight for your family. We are in a daily battle not for land, not for resources or colonial controls...we are in a fight for our very way of life

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    339
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    No lube....that is just plain stupid...in my book...which is probably not worth much

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Central Minnesota
    Posts
    94
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by thehun View Post
    No lube....that is just plain stupid...in my book...which is probably not worth much
    It was part of test to test endurance with no lube and no cleaning, the rifle made it 4844 rounds before stoppages. Again it was a test that we conducted, not a recommendation not to use lube or anything like that, just a research test to see how far it would go. BTW, nearly every vehicle on the road has been put through a similar test in the R&D stages. Plain stupid?, maybe but we were trying to gather data and make some videos along the way.

    I want to point out, since Huldra128 is new to the online forum thing, and to comply with the rules of the site, Mike is a full time LEO in our area, a former active duty paratrooper and soldier who has seen combat, and a very respected member of the LE community here. He works patrol, firearms instructor, former tac team, and has coordinated several top tier training classes in our area. We asked him to test a rifle and post his observations, good, bad, great, ugly or otherwise. I'll send him an email to reflect that in his signature.

    As always thanks for the feedback,
    Take care
    Dave
    Mills Fleet Farm - Indoor Shooting & Archery
    Huldra Arms & Korstog Arms
    Training and Technical Support Coordinator
    http://www.millsshooting.com
    http://www.huldraarms.com
    http://www.korstog.com
    Owner and Instructor - Timm Training & Consulting LLC
    www.timmtraining.com

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Central Minnesota
    Posts
    94
    Feedback Score
    0
    I should add Im not comparing rifles to cars, just making a point that it is a common test in several industries and we thought we would give it a try.

    Dave
    Mills Fleet Farm - Indoor Shooting & Archery
    Huldra Arms & Korstog Arms
    Training and Technical Support Coordinator
    http://www.millsshooting.com
    http://www.huldraarms.com
    http://www.korstog.com
    Owner and Instructor - Timm Training & Consulting LLC
    www.timmtraining.com

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    195
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DocHolliday01 View Post
    Get the **** over yourself man.
    Seriously, there have been tons of reviews with round counts a bit lower than 5k.

    Thanks to OP for the review.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    339
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-HuldraArms View Post
    I should add Im not comparing rifles to cars, just making a point that it is a common test in several industries and we thought we would give it a try.

    Dave
    Understand your reasoning

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    339
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    What is your findings on carrier tilt after 4000+ round

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Khorasan
    Posts
    1,250
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-HuldraArms View Post
    It was part of test to test endurance with no lube and no cleaning, the rifle made it 4844 rounds before stoppages. Again it was a test that we conducted, not a recommendation not to use lube or anything like that, just a research test to see how far it would go. BTW, nearly every vehicle on the road has been put through a similar test in the R&D stages. Plain stupid?, maybe but we were trying to gather data and make some videos along the way.

    I want to point out, since Huldra128 is new to the online forum thing, and to comply with the rules of the site, Mike is a full time LEO in our area, a former active duty paratrooper and soldier who has seen combat, and a very respected member of the LE community here. He works patrol, firearms instructor, former tac team, and has coordinated several top tier training classes in our area. We asked him to test a rifle and post his observations, good, bad, great, ugly or otherwise. I'll send him an email to reflect that in his signature.

    As always thanks for the feedback,
    Take care
    Dave
    So, riddle me this. Spike's recruits fanboys to make positive comments on this website and all Spike's Tactical threads get an automatic lock.

    But Huldra Arms bribes M4C management by being a "sponsor" and then solicits someone to do the exact same thing and it's okay?

    Piston ARs are still an overpriced answer to a non-existent problem, no matter how many people you ask to come on here to cheerlead for you.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    255
    Feedback Score
    0
    You know, it don't even matter at this point if a piston AR is useless and/or dumb. People are going to buy them, so people are going to make them, no amount of dismissing them is going to change that apparently. There might as well be some info on which one's are worth a crap it seems to me. I'm not gonna buy one, you ain't gonna buy one, but you know one day someone you know is going to be dead-ass-set on having one. I'd like to be able to at least point them to one that works and is built OK.
    Last edited by wolf_walker; 08-31-11 at 22:20.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,278
    Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 120mm View Post
    So, riddle me this. Spike's recruits fanboys to make positive comments on this website and all Spike's Tactical threads get an automatic lock.

    But Huldra Arms bribes M4C management by being a "sponsor" and then solicits someone to do the exact same thing and it's okay?

    Piston ARs are still an overpriced answer to a non-existent problem, no matter how many people you ask to come on here to cheerlead for you.
    First off no one was bribed for jack shit. If you have an issue with how the site is run or staff chooses to operate by all means ask but via PM and without the innuendo instead of stepping on your dick in an open forum.

    Second the reason they have been allowed to post is their responses have been respectful and followed our CoC and rules by disclosing their association via sig line or screen name. Other companies not so much.

    If we start seeing the same thing from Huldra then guess what, we will lock it and they will be put on notice.

    Would I buy their rifle, no. Do I think a piston is a solution in search of a problem, yes. Do they make a quality weapon, who knows as I don't have hands on experience with one. It's an AA piston system with some "proprietary changes" whatever that is. What I've seen from AA leaves a lot to be desired.

    Moved to their manufacturer subforum.
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Central Minnesota
    Posts
    94
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by thehun View Post
    What is your findings on carrier tilt after 4000+ round
    We haven't seen carrier tilt on any of our test rifles, including the 545 test rifle. There are pictures in are various posts but here is one. There is an upcoming TriCon carbine class coming up in our area, atleast 3 Huldras will be present and we will have a write up and photos of their performance, including any stoppages as we aren't trying to cover up or hide anything about our rifles.

    Thanks
    Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mills Fleet Farm - Indoor Shooting & Archery
    Huldra Arms & Korstog Arms
    Training and Technical Support Coordinator
    http://www.millsshooting.com
    http://www.huldraarms.com
    http://www.korstog.com
    Owner and Instructor - Timm Training & Consulting LLC
    www.timmtraining.com

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Central Minnesota
    Posts
    94
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 120mm View Post
    So, riddle me this. Spike's recruits fanboys to make positive comments on this website and all Spike's Tactical threads get an automatic lock.

    But Huldra Arms bribes M4C management by being a "sponsor" and then solicits someone to do the exact same thing and it's okay?

    Piston ARs are still an overpriced answer to a non-existent problem, no matter how many people you ask to come on here to cheerlead for you.
    Isn't this site supported by sponsors? We wanted to support the site which we feel is a great resource for everyone; it is after all "where the professionals go." Did we also want to advertise and promote our product, absolutely, but while also while remaining in compliance with the rules. After all, it's your house, your rules, we get that. Many other site sponsor manufacturers have users write reviews and observations about their products, and thatís what makes this great is the all of the information it provides. We aren't trying to hide anything, bribe anyone, or "recruit fanboys" to make posts under the assumption that they are Joe Schmo off the street with a review. We have a few professionals in our area testing our rifles and if they choose to post their feedback on a public forum, is that such a bad thing?

    If you are questioning our integrity, fine, I get that and can even understand your suspicion based on what other companies or people have done. However, please know this, we are not trying to be shady and insert trolls to post X Y or Z about our rifles. That's not how we roll. Talk to someone from the Midwest and ask them about Mills Fleet Farm, you will most likely find that they are known as a great, family run company that supports the communities they are a part of beyond what most businesses do. They also are run by proud veterans of our country and have a lot of pride and integrity in doing what they do.

    We are a new rifle company and are trying to get information out there on a product we feel is a good rifle to a great forum, that's all. I appreciate your post and in fact I do not support when companies falsely represent themselves to promote a product, that's BS plain and simple and again not what we are doing.

    You may feel we are overpriced, but compare us to our competitors and you will find we offer a lot of bang for the buck with components not offered for the prices we do. In search of a non-existent problem, we get the one a lot. I know we won't convince the die-hard DI folks, I don't want to turn this into another DI piston debate post, there are already far too many of those. We feel the piston system offers some advantages as does many other manufacturers in the industry. Look at recent submissions for evaluation to military, nearly all were piston rifles, AR or otherwise. Is the piston system a better mouse trap, time will tell.

    As always, thanks for the discussion and we are happy to support a great site.

    Take care,
    Dave

    SWATcop556,
    Thanks for moving this to the appropriate forum. If we ever have a chance to meet up I would love to put a Huldra in your hands.
    Mills Fleet Farm - Indoor Shooting & Archery
    Huldra Arms & Korstog Arms
    Training and Technical Support Coordinator
    http://www.millsshooting.com
    http://www.huldraarms.com
    http://www.korstog.com
    Owner and Instructor - Timm Training & Consulting LLC
    www.timmtraining.com

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Northern Alabama
    Posts
    993
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 120mm View Post
    But Huldra Arms bribes M4C management by being a "sponsor" and then solicits someone to do the exact same thing and it's okay?
    Life ain't fair. I'm not going to lose any sleep over M4C having a special axe to grind with Spike (or conversely, playing favorites w/ Huldra).

    The bias is easy enough to observe and take into consideration. That said, I personally don't have a problem with either Spikes or Huldra, merely with piston AR's in general.
    Oh no, not another lube thread! Read this first: Lubrication 101.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Central Minnesota
    Posts
    94
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kartoffel View Post
    Life ain't fair. I'm not going to lose any sleep over M4C having a special axe to grind with Spike (or conversely, playing favorites w/ Huldra).

    The bias is easy enough to observe and take into consideration. That said, I personally don't have a problem with either Spikes or Huldra, merely with piston AR's in general.
    We don't feel we are getting treated special or are a favorite by any means, we are just following the rules and playing nice. If that has positive consequences so be it, but we don't get any good bias by being a sponsor.
    Dave
    Mills Fleet Farm - Indoor Shooting & Archery
    Huldra Arms & Korstog Arms
    Training and Technical Support Coordinator
    http://www.millsshooting.com
    http://www.huldraarms.com
    http://www.korstog.com
    Owner and Instructor - Timm Training & Consulting LLC
    www.timmtraining.com

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    255
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-HuldraArms View Post
    We haven't seen carrier tilt on any of our test rifles, including the 545 test rifle. There are pictures in are various posts but here is one. There is an upcoming TriCon carbine class coming up in our area, atleast 3 Huldras will be present and we will have a write up and photos of their performance, including any stoppages as we aren't trying to cover up or hide anything about our rifles.

    Thanks
    Dave
    There was another thread, and I believe Dave posted in it, where a gentleman put forth the though that a pre-built rifle, if built such that the bore of the extension tube was in alignment with the bore of the barrel/upper and the travel of the BCG, it would not likely show carrier tilt. As opposed to one putting a random piston upper on a random lower. Seems like a sound theory to me, there are just too many people with zero problems and then you get a handful with all sorts of crazy wear, there has to be a reason.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Northern Alabama
    Posts
    993
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-HuldraArms View Post
    We don't feel we are getting treated special or are a favorite by any means, we are just following the rules and playing nice. If that has positive consequences so be it, but we don't get any good bias by being a sponsor.
    Dave
    I tend to agree. The vibe here is definitely more anti-Spikes than pro-Huldra. Part of the reason Spikes gets knocked around here is because their fanboy/shill tactics on other forums. So far, Huldra seems to be operating above board. Good on ya
    Oh no, not another lube thread! Read this first: Lubrication 101.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Central Minnesota
    Posts
    94
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kartoffel View Post
    I tend to agree. The vibe here is definitely more anti-Spikes than pro-Huldra. Part of the reason Spikes gets knocked around here is because their fanboy/shill tactics on other forums. So far, Huldra seems to be operating above board. Good on ya
    Thanks, that will always be our goal. Happy to be here.
    Dave
    Mills Fleet Farm - Indoor Shooting & Archery
    Huldra Arms & Korstog Arms
    Training and Technical Support Coordinator
    http://www.millsshooting.com
    http://www.huldraarms.com
    http://www.korstog.com
    Owner and Instructor - Timm Training & Consulting LLC
    www.timmtraining.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •