I just picked up a Gibbs 03A4 from Aimsurplus and I thought I would share some thoughts.

First impressions:
This is a very nicely put together package. As you are probably aware, the rifle comes with a hard case, a "GI" bag and a leather 1907 sling. Fit and finish is excellent. My receiver has a few minor pits near the mag cut off, but otherwise, the metal is in great shape with a very nice repark.

The receiver is stamped REM-03A4 and the serial # is 40117XX. The bolt is also stamped "R" which I assume is fer Remington?

Scope and mount:
Are rock solid! The mount is marked Gibbs Rifle, Martinsburg WV. the scope was the biggest surprise, I had set my expectations low, this being a remake afterall. The scope has bright clear glass and out of the box, I was on paper at 100 yards. The turretts have a nice feel and make nice positive clicks. Adjustment was easily made and this rifle was one of the easiest to zero that I have ever had. Eye relief is excellent and again I was surprised how useable this scope is. I was expecting this to be a bit of a show piece rather than a seriously accurate scope.

Overall, I am thrilled with this rifle.

My reasons for purchase:
1) I will never spend the $ for a real one
2) Even if I did buy a real one, It would never leave the safe
3) I wanted a shooter
4) I think the 03A4 is one of the best looking rifles of all time
5) I was satisfied enough with Gibbs claims about drill receivers