Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just picked up a Gibbs 1903A4

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBuckeye View Post
    Sorry, I just realized that I never posted the pics... This is now one of my favorite rifles, I am shooting 5" groups at 100 yards which is pretty good for me. I have a new lead sled DFT that I can't wait to try it in, I think the groups will improve dramatically.
    Lead sleds are a waste of time. You are going to get a zero you will not be able to duplicate with out the sled. You need free recoil
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    As far as the parts go..The "R" stands for Remington..During the war they were quite anal about putting a "R" on all the parts.Look it over carefully, the bolt body,saftey lever cocking peice,extractor(marked on the inside) mag cut off lever, sear, trigger front barrel band,(rear barrel band is usually marked on the swivel) sling swivels would have all been marked with a small "R" on it..The stamped triggerguard on yours looks like it is a Rem part..The way you can tell is by looking at the area around the holes for the screws..Basically, if the line below the screw is straight, it's a Rem. part, if those lines below the screw holes curved upwards towards the screws, That would be a Smith -Corona part..
    Last edited by ralph; 03-16-12 at 07:00.
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have been eying this very rifle for a while now. I almost bought one a month ago but decided to hold off for a bit.

Please keep us updated on your experiences with it and thanks for sharing.
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Had one of these at the FNRA auction over the weekend. Seemed like a cool rifle, but would just be another curio in the safe for me, and I have no budget for that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12