Thread: bi-pod help for daniel defense

Feedback Score

bi-pod help for daniel defense

I am a newbie with the M4. I am set on M16 rifles thanx to uncle sam. I have a DDMv2 that I want to add a bi pod. I would like to have a quick release and a bi pod that swivels. I am looking at the harris HBR with the Rotating Quick detachable bi pod adapter. Will that work with my rifle? I am really looking for some guidance.

Thanx, nod

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yep.

I'd want longer than a 7" handguard to run a bipod but it'll certainly bolt right up.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Beware that Harris "Swivels", but that is really just "tilting" to me. Don't get me wrong, I like Harris, especially for the money and have two on bolt guns, but for semi rifles like ARs / SCARs, I prefer Atlas bipods with ADM QD. They pan and tilt, as well as take up much less space IMO.

They are rare as hens teeth these days and cost about 2-3x that of a Harris. But as I have multiple ARs / SCARs, one bipod works on them all, so it's menu we'll spent.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Atlas - http://www.accu-shot.com/Atlas_Bipods.php

Pricey but the best, very light as well.

Feedback Score
    Thanx for the advice. I looked at the Atlas web page and noticed the BT10-LW17 - Atlas Bipod. Would that mount to the Daniel rail? Seems like it should. According to the web page they may not be available.

nod

Feedback Score
    i use the Harris with the Bipod swivel and the Alpha Bravo swivel lock.

www.harrisbipods,com

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/280...ed-zinc-handle

Feedback Score

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by RD62 View Post
    Yep.

I'd want longer than a 7" handguard to run a bipod but it'll certainly bolt right up.
    Thanx for bring up the handguard issue. Is it possible to put on longer handguards? I was looking at the DDMv1 and the DDMv2. I am thinking the longer handguards on the v1 will work on the v2. I really want the bi pod with the quick disconnect. What pieces for the atlas do I need? I appreciate the comments on the Harris bi pod. I may end up taking that route.

Now a brief explanation for being the noob. I recently freed some room in the safe. I told my wife I wanted a AR type weapon then no more firearms. I really wasn't ready to buy a rifle but then came "the shooting". I was looking hard at a BCM M4 but couldn't find one. According to a manager in the store BCM wasn't taking orders. I read that Daniel was a good rifle so I bought one. Now I have to dress her up.

I sincerely appreciate the input. When the bi pod issue is cleared up then comes the glass

nod

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nod View Post
    Thanx for the advice. I looked at the Atlas web page and noticed the BT10-LW17 - Atlas Bipod. Would that mount to the Daniel rail? Seems like it should. According to the web page they may not be available.

nod
    Correct - that's the one with the QD release - it will mount correctly on any 1913 rail. I've had one for several years and love it or bench work or prone if accuracy is my goal. Also works great thru shooting ports (3Gun Matches), etc., with the legs full forward or full backwards as needed.

My Harris is collecting dust.

ETA: Mine came from US Tactical. You might email them to see if it's in stock or google for other vendors:
    http://ustacticalsupply.com/accu-sho...gfall2008.aspx
    Last edited by shootist~; 01-17-13 at 19:03.

Feedback Score
    Thanx Shootist, I ordered a Atlas from the site you provided.

nod