Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: First Build // Multicam Dipped

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Very nice!

Feedback Score
    Update: Y'all wanted to see the wear over time. The rifle has 250+ rounds through it now. I've shot it in a couple local steel matches using the 9 hole wall, but I don't see any wear to the muzzle or front of the handguard.

There are some places that show wear as it's used. This is to be expected as this was never intended to be a safe queen. I still don't have any shot groups for you as I'm waiting on a variable power optic.

For the record, the holes around the trigger pins happened when I installed them. I also forgot to photograph the magazine catch button. It has wear on the sides where it enters the receiver. If you plan to do something like this, I would recommend getting upper/lower receivers that are cerakoted, or something similar in brown. You can see the impacts from empty shell casings are brutal on the finish. But if the receiver was tan underneath it would hardly be noticeable. Look at the TRX (it was FDE to start) and you can hardly see the chips at all.

On a more technical note, we tried a different buffer (H3) and a couple different springs (blue and red). Compared to the stock pieces that were in the Vltor kit, they made a noticeable difference in recoil. We couldn't tell the difference between the blue and red springs, but I plan to get an H3 buffer and blue spring.

I plan to run this rifle in a carbine/pistol class, so I'm sure there will be more wear to document on the finish in a couple months.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    That came out pretty good!
    Aw, c'mon, now! Look out for a brother, man, c'mon, yeah. Check this out: why don't you let me get a sip for fifteen cents?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    How hot did you get the barrel? Is it blistering under the hand gaurd at all?

Feedback Score
    Thanks seabass!

Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    How hot did you get the barrel? Is it blistering under the hand gaurd at all?
    Not that hot yet. I'm anxious to see how it looks after the carbine/pistol course! The blackening around the gas block doesn't look any more noticeable than after I first shot it (pic in top post).

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Great looking weapon !! Beats the hell out of blah black.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    What did it cost to get that dipped?

Feedback Score
    Thanks guys! Prices for an entire AR are around $300. Not sure if I can post a link to the guy's business, so PM me if you want the details.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    wow that is pretty awesome.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Thanks guys! Prices for an entire AR are around $300. Not sure if I can post a link to the guy's business, so PM me if you want the details.
    I'm giving you the thumbs up to post a link to the dipper.
    This isn't a shill thread, it provides some good advice, and the dipper gives a "good guy" discount, all of which makes them head and shoulders above the garbage that some people hot-link to.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast