Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: First Build // Multicam Dipped

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I can't seem to see the pics. Is there somewhere else I can view them?

edit: Just saw the attachment. Awesome rifles! Put some rounds through them!
    Last edited by connorh; 01-04-12 at 13:12.

Feedback Score
    That's extremely nice, but I wasn't tempted until I clicked on the link and saw the ATACs swatch....

Damn you.
    Last edited by Tactical Joke; 01-05-12 at 23:43.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactical Joke View Post
    That's extremely nice, but I wasn't tempted until I clicked on the link and saw the ATACs swatch....

Damn you.

lol! Forget the swatch... did you see the guns with the A-TACS?
    http://www.sharkbitecustom.com/A-TACS_Firearms.php

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Wow... very impressive. That ATACS is amazing... I need to consider this.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Not that hot yet. I'm anxious to see how it looks after the carbine/pistol course! The blackening around the gas block doesn't look any more noticeable than after I first shot it (pic in top post).
    Have you shot it more, how is holding up on the barrel? I really want to do this, just deciding on whether to do the barrel or not.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    Have you shot it more, how is holding up on the barrel? I really want to do this, just deciding on whether to do the barrel or not.
    I've only put a handful of rounds throught it while sighting in the new glass and testing the McFarland gas ring for function. I'll be using it in a carbine class soon so the round count will start climbing rapidly.

I still haven't noticed any wear on the bbl since the blackening around the gas block when I first shot it. I'll post an update after the course and include new pics.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You mentioned using FDE parts where possible...

I've been wondering whether or not you could use FDE Cerakote as a base, and then hydro over it to help maintain earth colors when wear begins to take place...as I believe that Cerakote would hold up better than the hydro on top of it.

Great looking rifle!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeCLeonard View Post
    You mentioned using FDE parts where possible...

I've been wondering whether or not you could use FDE Cerakote as a base, and then hydro over it to help maintain earth colors when wear begins to take place...as I believe that Cerakote would hold up better than the hydro on top of it.

Great looking rifle!
    Thanks! I suspect you are correct. I noticed Loki offers upper/lower setups that come in brown. Not sure what process they use, or if Loki's stuff is quality.

Now, the dipper does spray a coating of brown base coat over any area to be camoflaged. As you can see, the brown base coat is gone from parts where there is wear. Look at the receiver extension and you'll see the base coat minus the dip.

Feedback Score
    Okay, another 40rds to check the gas rings, and 693rds in Kyle Defoor's Advance Carbine course... here is the wear on the finish and the blackening of the gas block/bbl y'all asked to be updated on.

Still no regrets on my part. From more than a foot away it's almost impossible to see any of the wear except for the brass deflector.

Also, you can see where it pays off to use furniture in the same color as the camo basecoat (i.e. the stock and handguard).

Last edited by El Cid; 02-02-12 at 17:20.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Anyone have any knowledge as to why I can't see the pictures?

All I see is this text :

"
    Name: MC SPR 1.jpg Views: 1814 Size: 105.0 KB

Name: MC SPR 3.jpg Views: 1616 Size: 104.0 KB

Name: MC SPR 4.jpg Views: 1573 Size: 99.5 KB

Name: MC SPR 5.JPG Views: 1563 Size: 41.2 KB"
    US Army Infantry 2008-2012
    LEO 2012 - Current

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast