Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: First Build // Multicam Dipped

Feedback Score
    Update: the TQ holder is off the rifle. She is heavy enough and it was bugging me in that location. I keep them all over anyway.

Today I was able to sneak in some groups to see if the newly acquired suppressor caused a POI shift. Boy did it!! It's a SF 556-212. If SF cans have minimal POI shift, I'm wondering what is considered significant.

I can't get that grouping software to load properly. If anyone can run the pics I'd appreciate it. I have zoomed in pics of each group but wanted to show the shift with the can.

This is the Asym 77gr OTM at 100yds. The large bullseye was shot without the can, centering crosshairs on the black bull. The top group was with the can and the crosshairs centered on the small orange dot. Both are 10 shot groups.

These groups were shot using Southwest Ammo's 77gf SMK. Both centered on the large orange bulls. Again, 100yds.
    Last edited by El Cid; 10-17-12 at 17:22.

Feedback Score
    Looks like it's been ten months since we had a close-up photo update of the wear and tear. How is the multicam dip holding up?

Feedback Score
    Looks like it's been ten months since we had a close-up photo update of the wear and tear. How is the multicam dip holding up?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Will_Power View Post
    I've shot it in a couple local steel matches. We use the 9 hole wall and I'm not shy about planting it on there, but there has been no additional (noticeable) wear to the finish. I had to drop from McPhee's course but am hoping to use it in one in the coming year. I'm also working up the nerve to have the optic dipped so I'll have to see how that holds up once I do so.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I've shot it in a couple local steel matches. We use the 9 hole wall and I'm not shy about planting it on there, but there has been no additional (noticeable) wear to the finish.
    That's encouraging! I'm thinking hard about dipping my build, but am concerned about durability. Thanks for the reply!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Will_Power View Post
    That's encouraging! I'm thinking hard about dipping my build, but am concerned about durability. Thanks for the reply!
    Sure. I stick by my advice from earlier in the thread: get parts that are a tan or brown color if doing a camo dip. Wear is inevitable.

Feedback Score
    great looking rifle!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by devinsdad View Post
    Good part is that the chips look like it's part of the camo scheme.
    That's what I was thinking also.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Two thumbs up. Looks amazing. For some reason I can't bring myself to paint or dip. I don't know if its a needs to be original thing, or if I'm really liking the all black that much. But seeing this gives me incentive to take the plunge.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Nice looking rifle. The wear adds character.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast