Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 308 AR - gas length question

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtbutt View Post
    Do not, DO NOT, use Bolts, BCGs and barrels interchangeably. Stick with one platform and go that route.
    Got it. Now just trying to figure out the compatibilities... so you said DPMS uses AR-15 length gas tubes, so all "DPMS pattern" barrels are out for me. My plan doesn't change much except that you helped me see I picked the wrong barrel.

Armalite upper
    Armalite BCG
    Need AR-10 barrel (Armalite... Rainier Ultramatch... Noveske?)

Thanks to you all I've got the stock/buffer/RE thing figured out. Will do AR-10 carbine style and not worry about losing the last notch or two on the collapse if my friend wants a fancy stock later.

Feedback Score
    Why not just build a lower and then purchase an upper to put on it?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turdbocharged View Post
    Why not just build a lower and then purchase an upper to put on it?
    I would but that's outside my friend's cash flow. He knows he's going to pay at least a few hundred $ more over the whole project but he wants/needs to spread it out over time. He might change his mind when I tell him how much a stripped barrel costs. If so, the only complete upper I know of that still fits the "budget build" category is Armalite. Others?

All signs point to a basic Armalite except that I'll assemble it myself. Maybe I should take his monthly "allowance", buy a stock rifle, and keep the $500 extra that it would have taken to build it, ha!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12