Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TA31RCO-M4CP ACOG holdovers at closer ranges.....

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Thank you for sharing very useful information!

I assuming it would also work for horse shoes and triangle?

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    No high speed guy here but all my training from high speed guys said with CQB with an optic you want to aim (shoot) for high COM in CQB situations.

Its also really dumb to zero for CQB because anything past CQB will be wildly off. So if you zero for either 50 or 100 and shooting near point blank with an optic do high COM near the throat center line. Of course at inside the room distances spot shooting should be enough (no sights).

If to practice spot shooting you can get good at it. I shot ATA trap for 4 years, and can do it really well. Basically just focus on the target and shoot without any use of sights. Inside the room distance or even down a hallway should not require sights for COM hits.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post
    No high speed guy here but all my training from high speed guys said with CQB with an optic you want to aim (shoot) for high COM in CQB situations.

Its also really dumb to zero for CQB because anything past CQB will be wildly off. So if you zero for either 50 or 100 and shooting near point blank with an optic do high COM near the throat center line. Of course at inside the room distances spot shooting should be enough (no sights).

If to practice spot shooting you can get good at it. I shot ATA trap for 4 years, and can do it really well. Basically just focus on the target and shoot without any use of sights. Inside the room distance or even down a hallway should not require sights for COM hits.
    It was more so for reference and time killing (weather out here does not always allow LR outdoor shooting) but thanks for the info...Class 3 paperwork has begun at my local shop and T-1 on order and DDMK18 SBR forthcoming when I return home.......

Oh and Belmont, no adjustments were made to the optic for these ranges (as noted above in an earlier post). Once I zero'ed at 100, I left it alone. These were "holdover" references......sight over bore adjustments, nothing more, nothing less....
    Last edited by xbmxracerx; 09-25-11 at 10:05.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12