Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Adcor B.E.A.R. ELITE First Impressions Review/Issues

Feedback Score
    I was looking forward to their 7.62 offering. After this not so much. Maybe in a couple of years they will have worked out the bugs and improved their QC (if the company survives)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    A rep from the company brought one of these by the place I buy my guns and was letting people shoot it. It lived up to it's name, it was indeed a BEAR. That thing must have seriously weighed 12 pounds unloaded.

On a side note, the Sig rep that comes by that same shop didn't even know what HP or MPI was, nor what a buffer was. And people wonder why sig is in trouble.

Feedback Score
    You know every rifle may have some problems on there first run, shit happends. But that they are willing to send out rifles with known problems and have crappy customer service to boot. Thats kinda a deal breaker for me. And i was looking forward to this as a decent SBR piston gun. I guess i'll give it a year and see how they are doing.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    wow.... they are trying to make the retailer give the refund? wow.

The manufacurer made the product and should be the one to make good on it - not the shop who had the misfortunre of passing on thier product.

Bad show from a manufacturer. Count me out of thier products in the future.

I had exactly ONE problem with a manufacturer [who I'll keep nameless, since it doesn't matter now and they did make good on it], and I sent the product back to them, they not only mad good on it, but also went above and beyond give me MORE than I paid for and make sure Iw as happy. Required, no, but nice fo them to do. These guys want someone else to fix thier mess?

Count me out.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Looking at these rifles it appears that nothing can be attached to the side rail that the forward charging handle is on, and that the charging handle would hit/be blocked by it.

OP, Did you try mounting anything on the side?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    Looking at these rifles it appears that nothing can be attached to the side rail that the forward charging handle is on, and that the charging handle would hit/be blocked by it.

OP, Did you try mounting anything on the side?
    You would be correct. From what I can tell, you can not attach anything onto the side of the rail that you intend to utilize as the charging handle side (at least nothing I tried to put on there). I tried simply attaching MagPul Ladder covers, and even those would impede the forward charging handle from functioning.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GTifosi View Post
    Is that rust on the darker piece the spring is attached to in the fourth picture, and did it come that way?
    The forward charging handle looked like that out of the box. I am not sure if is rust or something else. I tried taking it off with some CLP, but it didn't seem to work.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Wow...

Thank you for the honest review. Can't say I'm surprised.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RD62 View Post
    Forget the piston.
    Badly made rifle is badly made rifle. Piston or direct impingement has nothing to it - both can be made good or wrong.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I almost went for one of these a few months ago... until I realized I would lose 25% of the useable rail space and checked the lower's machining.
    Went with a "plain Jane" LMT with FA BCG and H buffer from the get go.
    No regrets...
    Last edited by Horsehide; 09-11-11 at 17:08.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Was considerng an Adcor upper until I came across this thread.

I am going to take a pass.

Looks like another DI upper from BCM is in my future.

Thanks for the heads up.
    "Run fast. Shoot straight. Die proud." -Boba Fett

Trample the weak. Hurdle the dead.

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems." -Ryan Job

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast