Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fenix TA30 died, dealing with warranty is a nightmare.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

Fenix TA30 died, dealing with warranty is a nightmare.

I bought a Fenix TA30 awhile back, dealing with the warranty is a nightmare. I will never buy from a non U.S. based company again. No U.S. return address, not going to get my business.

Anyone else have issues with Fenix lights?

I could go through the dealer but I've bought so much stuff over the last year and a half I have no clue where I got it.
    Last edited by SW-Shooter; 10-11-11 at 22:59.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Sorry to hear about your troubles.

On the recommendation of some folks on this site, I tried a Fenix PD20 for my EDC, it's served me well for the last couple years and I use it probably 5 to 7 times a week for various things. Haven't had any trouble yet. But based on what you're finding, it does make you want to think harder about "buy American."

Any thoughts on what the best American brands and models are for best small EDC-type lights? Only American made I know of are Surefire and Novatac.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    BTW, here's the Fenix service page and some info on repairs, they say free for 24 months if that helps:

http://www.fenixlight.com/service.asp?action=tiaokuan

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Actually from what I read/heard, their customer service is great.

Try

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    BTW, here's the Fenix service page and some info on repairs, they say free for 24 months if that helps:

http://www.fenixlight.com/service.asp?action=tiaokuan
    Note the second part:
    2) Dealers will be responsible for customers. Customers should contact the dealers or distributors from whom they bought Fenix lights for warranty support with Fenixlight Limited's 'Warranty Card' and either a trade invoice, receipt or the trade number provided by the internet retailers. Fenix will provide our authorized dealers with the technology and parts to service our lights.
    Most dealers don't want to deal with that type of issues. And I can confirm that it is impossible to get a hold to Fenix, as my one, and will forever only Fenix broke.

Contrast that to Surefire, (and other American companies I assume but I've never dealt any) where unless you need to send the light to them all they ask for is your address and they will send replacement parts. You pay more for the light but the service is MUCH better.
    Last edited by PPGMD; 10-12-11 at 11:08.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PPGMD View Post
    Note the second part:

Most dealers don't want to deal with that type of issues. And I can confirm that it is impossible to get a hold to Fenix, as my one, and will forever only Fenix broke.

Contrast that to Surefire, (and other American companies I assume but I've never dealt any) where unless you need to send the light to them all they ask for is your address and they will send replacement parts. You pay more for the light but the service is MUCH better.
    My only surefire warranty experience was a bad LED in a shotgun weapon light. I had to send in the lamp assembly for testing. Three.5 weeks later I got a new one. I thought that was a bit long to be without my light, but I was only out the shipping one way.
    I might also note that this was the only time I've needed Surefire's warranty with my 10+ lights.
    Last edited by kdcgrohl; 10-12-11 at 11:47.
    "A 'sporting purpose' is what we use to describe actions taken with a football." -S.W.A.T. Magazine

"...if you are cruising the ghetto looking for crack and tranny hookers and you shoot their transgender pimp for staring at you the wrong way, then yeah, you might have a problem." -Iraqgunz

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SW-Shooter View Post
    I bought a Fenix TA30 awhile back, dealing with the warranty is a nightmare. I will never buy from a non U.S. based company again. No U.S. return address, not going to get my business.

Anyone else have issues with Fenix lights?

I could go through the dealer but I've bought so much stuff over the last year and a half I have no clue where I got it.
    who did you get it from? I only bought from 4Sevens who have supposedly have excellent customer service...

one large reason I don't buy my serious gear from ebay...
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ra2bach View Post
    one large reason I don't buy my serious gear from ebay...
    If you buy from a company that stands behind their products you shouldn't need to worry about the dealer.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Correct, 4seven is the original/main company.
    Last edited by Skang; 10-12-11 at 14:35.

Feedback Score
    Sorry to hear about the troubles.

Hope it gets resolved to your satisfaction.

My 1 and only Surefire warranty issue:

The click on-off tailcap crapped the bed, so I called them.

I asked, and he said he didn't need/want the broken one returned.

A few days later, I received 2 new tailcaps in the mail.

I called to tell them they FU, and he said they intentionally sent 2.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast