Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: American Spirit Arms

Feedback Score

American Spirit Arms

I'm new to the AR. A client recommended a company called American Spirit Arms. He spoke so highly that they were either very good or he owned stock in the company. Does anyone have experience good or bad with ASA?

Feedback Score
    I have a couple of their side charging uppers. A bit pricey, but nice.

Feedback Score
    I have dealt with them in the past and really didn't like them at all. Then about a year ago or close to two years ago their company had problems so I believe that they sold it. The guy that owns it now is pretty cool. I have one of their barrels on my SPR and like it. I would go with them. I see them allot here in Vegas. There at about every gun show and they were at the Shot show this year.
    Last edited by rhewitt; 03-03-10 at 02:51.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Cool

They had a very bad reputation under the old ownership.
    The new owner does have people skills but their prices are TOO high.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I spoke with them at SHOT and wasn't impressed. They want to make a good product, but they are only batch testing their barrels and bolts. I believe all of the barrels are 1/9 twist.

I am also leery of the side charging handle as it appears to be something that will break if streesed. They were also using YHM rails on the models I saw and the guy tried to tell me that they are the best on the market.

I would stick with the tried and true names out there at the moment.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    ASA makes some really nice products, and the new owner and staff are great people to work with.

Their side charging upper is really neat, and it does take a little getting used to, but I think it is one very nice upper receiver.

Feedback Score
    I just bought a 10.5 barrel from them. I'm very pleased with it. I spoke with two people on the phone and they seem to be very customer service oriented.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Bought a ton of stuff from them, some of it was good, some of it was really bad, they didn't want to take care of the bad stuff until I aired my complaints online, then they gave me a hard time about it in person.

Beyond that, their products are overpriced and not of the highest quality at that price range or even at a much lower price range.
    Last edited by 87GN; 03-11-10 at 23:53.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    They were also using YHM rails
    'nuff said. if they aren't serious enough to use serious equipment, they're not serious enough for your money.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DAS41 View Post
    I'm new to the AR. A client recommended a company called American Spirit Arms. He spoke so highly that they were either very good or he owned stock in the company. Does anyone have experience good or bad with ASA?
    So he has a vested interest in getting you to buy their products? I'd pass.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast