Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ruger SP101 22LR pics

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My LGS has one in stock priced at $530. Wonder if Ruger will make it in 3 inch?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PdxMotoxer View Post
    Sorry for bad lighting but i paid $359 for this Brand NEW in box
    8 or 9 years ago and it's the .357

>$500 seems very steep for a .22 but if you can afford one i bet it
    is going to last far longer than a few of us combined.
    Time, and inflation marches on. The .22 lists for around $50 bucks more than the .357 today. Most manufacturer's .22's cost a little more than the same model in centerfire.

Quote Originally Posted by OMD View Post
    They always need a trigger job and some attention to internals. Unfortunately, they are a bit of a pain being stainless.
    I've had action jobs done on a couple dozen stainless revolvers over the last 35 years or so. It's never been an issue with any of the gunsmiths that did the work. A model 66 that Bill Davis did for me in the 70's probably had the best revolver action I ever owned, though the Stainless Security Six bull barrel gun he built me was close.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Ruger just introduced this model. They did make an SP101 in 22LR previously but that model was a six shooter with fixed sights and a full underlug.
    Actually, they made models with full and half underlugs, and they came with a rear sight that was adjustable for windage.

I no longer have mine, but this is what they looked like with the half lug.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SWAT Lt. View Post
    My LGS has one in stock priced at $530. Wonder if Ruger will make it in 3 inch?
    I think this would be awesome on the LCR frame. An eight shot 3" that only weighs 15 ounces or so. Add to that a 22 Magnum option and look out!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake'sDad View Post
    Actually, they made models with full and half underlugs, and they came with a rear sight that was adjustable for windage.
    Thanks for setting me straight. The only models I'd previously seen were the full underlug models.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PdxMotoxer View Post
    >$500 seems very steep for a .22...
    Respectfully, I've never understood the stance that a .22 revolver should be cheap--or at least cheaper than its centerfire counterpart. I'd expect the .22 SP101 to be more expensive than its .357 counterpart, as there is more machining and production time involved to make an 8-shot revolver vice a 5-shot.

FWIW I paid more for my 2" S&W Model 63 than I've paid for any other handgun before or since. It took me months to find, and I paid a premium for it (although I paid less than what they're selling for on Gunbroker). By my calculations it's the cheapest gun I own, as it has already paid for itself.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Frailer View Post
    Respectfully, I've never understood the stance that a .22 revolver should be cheap--or at least cheaper than its centerfire counterpart. I'd expect the .22 SP101 to be more expensive than its .357 counterpart, as there is more machining and production time involved to make an 8-shot revolver vice a 5-shot.

FWIW I paid more for my 2" S&W Model 63 than I've paid for any other handgun before or since. It took me months to find, and I paid a premium for it (although I paid less than what they're selling for on Gunbroker). By my calculations it's the cheapest gun I own, as it has already paid for itself.
    I agree. I really like revolvers and .22lr specifically. Shop around with the other manufactures...there are no inexpensive .22lr revolvers.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    i bought my sp101 22lr when they first came out i think i paid 140 dollars for it,goes hiking with me everywhere.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fz1boxer View Post
    i bought my sp101 22lr when they first came out i think i paid 140 dollars for it,goes hiking with me everywhere.
    Might want to run the serial number.....

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    why i have the original box and receipt with my name on it.
    i bought it back in 91 or92
    Last edited by fz1boxer; 10-24-11 at 12:42.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fz1boxer View Post
    why i have the original box and receipt with my name on it.
    i bought it back in 91 or92
    Not for $140.......unless someone lost money on it.....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast