Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Winter/Fall 2011 M4c Shoot at CWSA

Feedback Score
    Vader, you were awesome--I haven't had an ass-chewing like that since boot camp! Great stuff, great food, great company!

Someone say Krinkov?

Table of dreams...

And the gun that took down Bin Laden (there's a guy shooting it--hard to see him, I know, but he's wearing all ACU... )

Feedback Score

AAR M4C PNW Winter Shoot 2012

First I'd like to thank Vader for leading this event. Great job man. Well done for your first time. Gitmo thanks for hosting. The food was excellent as always.

All in all, we had a blast.

Today started out like last years winter event. Snow. It was gone by the time I reached the ferry heading to the island. Still f'ing cold though.

I wore a Marmot Soft Shell, Helly Hansen rain coat and t-shirt with LA Police Gear Operator rip-stop pants, Wilderness belt and waterproof-ish boots. Tried to use Mechanix gloves but they really screwed with weapons manipulation. By the end of the day, I was chilled to the bone, so I should've used 'em anyway. Made no difference when I couldn't feel my hands.

Gray Ghost Gear split chest rig 500d, 3 mag AR shingle and double pistol pouch with HSGI blow out kit and tourniquet in BFG Tourniquet NOW!.

My weapons: Glock 19 Gen3 in a Blade-Tec holster and 14.5" DD AR with Trij 1-4x optic and Vickers padded sling

Had to move the blow out kit to the left side in order to clear my pistol on the draw.

Great group of guys again. I think there were 10 of us that showed. Various skill levels but didn't interrupt the flow of the day.

I'm not going to go into details about the drills we did. I'll leave that to someone else.

We got to play with a lot of toys

Made us all very happy

Last edited by PieceKeeper; 02-26-12 at 08:05.

Feedback Score
    The Krink was hucking brass about 15'. Trigger smacked your finger HARD and the kick from the 5.45 was rediculous for the calibur. Arguabley the most drooled over gun of the group.

You can see the brass in the air above Mr. Invisible.

Last edited by PieceKeeper; 02-26-12 at 01:50.

Feedback Score
    This is what a 40mm "less lethal" round does to a target ~20 or so feet.

Feedback Score
    I really appreciate the efforts of everyone involved yesterday. We had a great time and are looking forward to the next event. Who knows what fun we might bring next time.
    As a side note thanks for blacking our faces. If anyone else wants to post any pics they might have please do the same.
    "Be the grey man"

Feedback Score
    Just wanted to pop in quickly...

Vader, you turned in an admirable job of providing structure to the day, lending practical observations to individual shooters and maintaining the momentum of activities over the course of the day. Thank you for stepping up and adapting to last minute changes - well done.

It's also worth noting the benefit of having experienced folks like kaltesherz and GlockWRX present, who are capable of supplementing the day's activities with their own perspectives and techniques.

I'm obliged to the group for the collective lack of pretension. Once again this proved to be an inclusive venue for advanced shooters to demonstrate and hone their skills while the less practiced can observe, safely embarrass themselves, ask questions and identify areas for improvement.

Finally, a tip-o'-the-hat to Gitmo for providing a steady location to make this happen and for hardening our arteries.

…looking forward to the ion cannon and proton torpedo demo longshot762 will, no doubt, provide in June.

Feedback Score
    GlockWRX:
    A quick question, after viewing your carbine in the image above:

Have you experienced any malfunctions when firing from your support (right-hand) side as a result of your sling potentially being pulled taught over the ejection port?

My two-point sling is oriented/attached in the same manner as yours. Kaltesherz observed that when firing from my support (right-hand) side that ejected casings were bouncing off of the sling and back into the carbine. Only the rapid cycling of the BCG appeared to be staving off a malfunction.

Do you have any techniques to avoid this or has it not presented itself as an issue? Perhaps dropping ones support side arm out of the sling entirely when transitioning shoulders?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Panzer View Post
    GlockWRX:
    A quick question, after viewing your carbine in the image above:

Have you experienced any malfunctions when firing from your support (right-hand) side as a result of your sling potentially being pulled taught over the ejection port?
    I have not had a malfunction like you describe. This also includes when on my right side and near the ground (rifle mounted on right shoulder), or in supine with the ejection port close to my abdomen.

Theoretically I can see it happening, but it hasn't yet. I've done quite a bit of that kind of shooting over the last couple of years and it hasn't been an issue (yet).

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the quick feedback - my much more limited experience echos yours thus far.

Also, thanks for letting me try out your slick-triggered setup. The instant black-face applique camo is a real time saver!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Damn, I wish I made it guys. Looks like a great time, I had some pretty big stuff on the line and couldn't free up. I apologize for the short notice. Thanks to all who filled in where I couldn't help.
    "After extensive research, I picked this rifle because it came with bullets"

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast