Thread: Front sight removal

Feedback Score

Front sight removal

I apologize for my lack of knowledge, but is it still possible to remove the front sight with a permanently attached flash hider. Thanks in advance Jets

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Not really. You'd have to have the FH taken off.

Of course you could possible cut the FSB off, but that would do no good since you couldn't replace it without taking the FH off anyway.

What's your objective?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I would like to put but a larue 7.0 rail on a 14.5 barrel with a perm. flash hider.
    By the way this is a build in progress. Thanks

Feedback Score
    You will need to cut off the original front sight and use a bolt together style for the replacement gas block or front sight/block assy. I would keep the front sight and use a bolt on rail like the Troy or the new Daniel Defense Omega.

Billy
    Billy

US Army Retired, NRA Life member, M/C mechanic, Gunsmith

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the help, I have not pulled the trigger on my barrel purchase yet. I guess getting a 16 inch M4 profile barrel is what i am going to do. Thanks again. Jets

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Yes, the 16" barrel is the way to go.

However, if you were/are to be stuck with a 14.5" w/ permanent muzzle devise, you could still install the Daniel Defense Omega rail as it does not require the removal of the FSB. Hell, it doesn't even necessarily require that you remove the barrel from the upper.