Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EOTech and Astigmatism

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I have the same condition, dots always look jacked up to me...I had wanted a TriPower as the etched reticle is crystal clear to me.

The key is to dial the dot brightness down when possible.

I preferred EoTechs to Aimpoints for the same reason, for quite a while.

That said, I had no problem shooting ~1" groups at 50 yards with a T1 (4MOA dot). I'll probably buy an Aimpoint PRO when I get the money to spare.

It can be distracting, but generally speaking, it's not going to handicap you too much.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    FWIW, the Aimpoint H1 appears kind of distorted to me (i.e. the comma) whereas the EoTech reticle does not. If I flip up my rear site, however, the Aimpoint dot looks like a dot.

That's when I'm focusing on the reticle/dot. When actually shooting both look and work fine--or maybe I just don't notice the distortion then.
    "Eyes have been referred to as the window to the soul, we prefer to think of them as the funnel to the brain." - Mike Shertz, MD
    "Every trigger has a match trigger at the end of all the bullshit.” - Greg Hamilton

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    My eyes were so bad, when I looked EOTech at the gun show screen were all red.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12