Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: On Target v1.10 precision calculator...(free)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sweet finally got it figured out.

First 10 shot group with my 6.8spc Noveske Recon with surplus Midsouth 110gr BTHP's. Not to bad considering I let the cross hairs settle back on the target and fired right away. 10 shots probably took no more than 45-60 seconds.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Great shooting, especially considering the rate of fire as I imagine those 3 outliers were either shooter error or excessive barrel heating causing the POI to slightly change.

If you shoot a bunch of thin type paper targets, I've found that taping them to a piece of cardboard should help define the bullet holes making your job easier when calculating the group.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    Great shooting, especially considering the rate of fire as I imagine those 3 outliers were either shooter error or excessive barrel heating causing the POI to slightly change.

If you shoot a bunch of thin type paper targets, I've found that taping them to a piece of cardboard should help define the bullet holes making your job easier when calculating the group.
    Thanks. This was the second group of 10 fired in short order.

The biggest issue with the target yesterday was the torrential down pour that I was shooting in. I'll try taping them to cardboard this weekend, going to shoot this load out to 300 yards.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    After hearing that it was your second consecutive group and seeing that those three outliers are all to the right of your target leads me to strongly believe that you experienced POI shift due to excessive barrel heat. That's pretty neat to see.

eta...upon further thinking and realizing how controversially this topic is, I removed my added commentary as to not derail this thread
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 09-26-11 at 18:44.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Thanks, I've been looking for a decent free calculator like this and this looks pretty good. Does anyone know of a free program that does ballistic truing based on DOPE?
    Last edited by mkmckinley; 09-27-11 at 09:48.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    does anyone know if this free version is available for the Iphone? I can't find it...
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I'm pretty sure there isn't one but maybe someone else knows of an App for another precision calculator.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Slick damn looking job man, thanks.

Only looked at it for 10 seconds or so, so take my first quick suggestion or impression with a grain of salt, but I like to put things down as they pop into my head or I ..."forget" ;p

Have you contemplated any further development?
    If so, how about some load info input areas to associate with the groups/pic's so it could all be stored and analyzed from one folder of stored data. Sorry if I'm off base or someone else thought about it, I need to hit the sack quick and can't pour through all of it right now.

Thanks again for the work and offer of use.

Just proof read my post and the OP and realized it doesn't clearly state if that's yours or not. If it isn't disregard and I'll forward this to the site owner. thanks
    Last edited by dhrith; 12-14-11 at 22:41.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dhrith View Post
    Slick damn looking job man, thanks.

Only looked at it for 10 seconds or so, so take my first quick suggestion or impression with a grain of salt, but I like to put things down as they pop into my head or I ..."forget" ;p

Have you contemplated any further development?
    If so, how about some load info input areas to associate with the groups/pic's so it could all be stored and analyzed from one folder of stored data. Sorry if I'm off base or someone else thought about it, I need to hit the sack quick and can't pour through all of it right now.

Thanks again for the work and offer of use.

Just proof read my post and the OP and realized it doesn't clearly state if that's yours or not. If it isn't disregard and I'll forward this to the site owner. thanks
    The images with the data can be saved to your home computer and organized however you like.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by P2000 View Post
    The images with the data can be saved to your home computer and organized however you like.
    Yes, but you miss, quite possibly due to my wording, my intent.
    What I'd like to see is a third tab which could contain load data for each jpg being worked on, Lets say I work a load for a 260 and 3 years later get a 6.5 creedmore I could look at what I went through and glean some places to start and which directions to move instead of working it all over from scratch for example. I don't have a lot of precision work experience so perhaps I'm off base with my "theoretical" potential. ;p

..... and perhaps some other data mining capability.
    In folder "308" list all loads sequentially from smallest groupings to largest then cross reference for distance,
    possibly even another tab for gun data, manufacturer, barrel length, twist rate etc etc Not just as "notes" but as input data so it could be worked over.

Anal retentive perhaps. Sorry, ex-intel analyst ;p
    You could make one hell of a database with what I surmise is not a significant further amount of work.

I "dabble" with word and excel but it would take me a good bit of time to redo something like this with my "extras".

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast