Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Civilians with Plate Carriers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Civilians with Plate Carriers

How do you guys feel about civilians having plate carriers? Me being a civvy myself I see a lot of guys running them at the matches I shoot at.

Is there a real reason to own one for a guy like me?

I would want one only for when, I hate to say it, the SHTF AKA mass chaos in the states and I have to defend myself from the enemy whoever it may be.

I was just curious as to what your guy's thought were. Not that I care or anything...
    ATTENTION: What you just read may very well contain sarcasm! Judge me accordingly.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Nobody cares. Free country, free market.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I have a higher opinon of dude wearing a PC (with plates) than just a chest rig.
    Then again, I also think that if you think you are going to be in a gunfight you should probably protect yourself appropriately instead of carrying 600% more ammo than you will need.

But hey, I'm an opinionated dick.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    For classes or matches where you're around other shooters who may or may not be as serious followers of the golden rules, I don't have a problem with it. Accidents happen, anything that will reduce your chances of a sucking chest wound aren't a bad idea when the probability increases. For SHTF, you better train your ass off with it.
    I'm not cool. I just do this stuff for fun.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    But hey, I'm an opinionated dick.
    Yes, yes you are. But just because you cut the bullshit and shoot straight with people doesn't make you a less loveable opinionate dick.

I don't mind for civilians to wear and run a PC. As was stated free country and all.......
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have no problem with it, its your money. I used to think something like that would be ridiculous for a civilian but now I'm more informed and understand what could happen.

Feedback Score
    It is on my list of things to have. Someday. Right now, I can't justify the expense. Having said that, hopefully nothing will happen in which I will be without......
    I will for sure do a lot of research before buying. This place is a great place to start.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    I have a higher opinon of dude wearing a PC (with plates) than just a chest rig.
    Then again, I also think that if you think you are going to be in a gunfight you should probably protect yourself appropriately instead of carrying 600% more ammo than you will need.

Professionals don't make fun of the civilian dude that can shoot, has decent gear, has applicable gear, and knows what the **** he is doing with it.
    The people that get embarrassed are those that don't.
    Not much to add to these. So very true.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    What do you guys think of the practice of wearing a chest rig over a plate carrier? Is this redundant?

I ask because I've worn everything in one piece before in the mil and I didn't like it. I'm considering wearing a rig over a carrier for work now, and when I shoot matches for fun.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CGSteve View Post
    What do you guys think of the practice of wearing a chest rig over a plate carrier? Is this redundant?

I ask because I've worn everything in one piece before in the mil and I didn't like it. I'm considering wearing a rig over a carrier for work now, and when I shoot matches for fun.
    You should check out the Mayflower Low-Profile Armor Carrier....here is a review that should give you an idea.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast