Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Civilians with Plate Carriers

Feedback Score
    I have seen some really crappy gunhandling at matches; wear your plates.
    Affiliated with BattleComp Enterprises, LLC

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just don't wear it and try to shoot me while I'm in uniform and we're good. Have fun, we're not North Korea.

I guess that's really all I have to say on the issue?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    All of these are such great points. Especially the not getting shot in the chest by a stray bullet! Makes me want to get one tomorrow.

I just dont want to look like I am trying to be military or LE when I am not. Don't want to be that guy. Nobody likes that guy. I appreciate all of the input you guys have given me. It is something I will look into.
    ATTENTION: What you just read may very well contain sarcasm! Judge me accordingly.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    As you go about your gear buying expedition and ponderings, nibble on this:

Professionals don't make fun of the civilian dude that can shoot, has decent gear, has applicable gear, and knows what the **** he is doing with it.
    The people that get embarrassed are those that don't.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Figure out how to wear it properly (plate placement, etc.), and you're already ahead of 80% of people who are issued them. Don't hang stuff off it you don't use (not just for appearance, don't because it's smarter), and from their focus on not replicating every public range stunt that makes you want to wear a plate carrier at the range to begin with.

Honestly, the best designs for civilian applications are the ones that look the least military. A relatively slick plate carrier in a solid color is cheaper and more practical than the sort of wannabe kit you're trying to avoid, so simply focusing on having the capability you need and leaving behind the weight, cost, and hassle of unneeded items.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I tried to set mine up like what Pat Rogers recommends, so just a kangaroo triple pouch, TQ, and a BFG 10-speed on the back. I'll get some photos of it later today.

I think the line gets crossed when I see folks in classes wearing full on CIRAS rigs with pouches all over it, as civilians. At some point you went from "protection" to full retard. That said, I wouldn't own armor if it weren't for a few upcoming classes, so I could go either way on NEEDING it or not.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pax View Post
    This X 1 million.

Apart from the very practical security offered at classes where you do NOT know or trust the people youre training with, it is my hard-earned, god damned money and if you so much as judge me for how I spend it then you can go straight to hell.
    This. Same basic argument applies to houses, guns, knives, prepping, etc. If people have an issue with it, they can go F^&% themselves in my book.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titleist View Post
    I tried to set mine up like what Pat Rogers recommends, so just a kangaroo triple pouch, TQ, and a BFG 10-speed on the back. I'll get some photos of it later today.

I think the line gets crossed when I see folks in classes wearing full on CIRAS rigs with pouches all over it, as civilians. At some point you went from "protection" to full retard. That said, I wouldn't own armor if it weren't for a few upcoming classes, so I could go either way on NEEDING it or not.
    What's the BFG 10-speed for on the back? More mags?

The only time (that I know of) that mags on the rear of a PC would come in handy is when you are working in a team or doing a stack while clearing rooms.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    What's the BFG 10-speed for on the back? More mags?

The only time (that I know of) that mags on the rear of a PC would come in handy is when you are working in a team or doing a stack while clearing rooms.
    Which we'll be doing in November
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titleist View Post
    Which we'll be doing in November
    lol roger...just wondering if you keep then there full time?

Don't know your occupation tho, so you may need them there full time...
    Last edited by Ironman8; 09-24-11 at 12:15.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast